Sadie Sadie Sadie! And everyone else!

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
Sadie! I know I haven't had a lesson with you in a long time, but I wanted to show you some pictures of me that have been taken recently. I've been working SO hard on my leg position, and although I'm sure you'll find many things wrong with these pictures I still wanted to show you!

I made this a thread instead of just PMing you because I would also like any advice from other riders on the forum.

So, critique away everyone, please!

(Here are two more pictures that wouldn't attach:)

Image - TinyPic - Share the Experience!™

Image - TinyPic - Share the Experience!™

P.s. I'm new to this, so let me know if something didn't show up or a link didn't work or whatever.

=)

Attachments

• DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0322.jpg
    DSC_0322.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 143

devinej

awesome! i agree with ID the two of you on the bay are the best - you look quite balanced, leg under you, shoulders not too forward, and the ones of you on bubba are def. better than before. you are still ahead of the motion - which pushes your leg out behind you - remember to flex at your hips

ibarrelwitharab

Don't EVER be a breedist!
Sorry, but is that horse part or whole draft or does it just have a huge head? Don't worry, I have a Belgian with a 4 year-old kid for a head!!

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
I see you are working on the out of hand release still too. Keep up the good work. Your toe looks much better. Does your sister have a lesson on the 1st?

Thank you =)
With you? I don't know, my mom never tells me anything. She does not normally have a lesson on Tuesdays though, if that's what you're asking.

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
awesome! i agree with ID the two of you on the bay are the best - you look quite balanced, leg under you, shoulders not too forward, and the ones of you on bubba are def. better than before. you are still ahead of the motion - which pushes your leg out behind you - remember to flex at your hips

Thanks =)
When you say flex at the hips, do you mean bend them more?

bosox

When you say flex at the hips, do you mean bend them more?

What I believe is meant is your hip and ankle should still be in a line just like when you are on the flat. Your crotch should still be over the seat of the saddle vs the pommel.

You are also on the horses neck w/your body...this is a tiny jump and doesn't need so much fold. When you look at a picture of yourself jumping--mentally remove the horse from the picture. If it looks like you would not be able to hold the "stance that you have over the fence" on the ground w/out the horse...then you can see what you need to work on.

Your horse looks he is having fun jumping! Very Cute. Good Luck.

ElliesMom

Dont worry, BW/A appreciates large heads! She is not kidding when she says her belgian mare has a 4 year old child hanging at the end of her neck. Her mares head looks like someone cemented on a couple cinderblocks!

fredsaid2

Sorry, but is that horse part or whole draft or does it just have a huge head? Don't worry, I have a Belgian with a 4 year-old kid for a head!!

His head doesn't look over-large to me, maybe long. Is he a TB? I think the way he's tucked up and the angle distorts the pic. I bet he's very elegant looking slick and shiny in the summer. :smile:

devinej

i do believe he's a warmblood or wbcross. what i mean by flexing your hips is like bosox said - if instead of pushing your hips forward over the jump causing your crotch to be over the very front of the saddle - let your hips bend (stick your butt out behind you) so your crotch stays over teh middle of the saddle like it is doing SO nicely in the pics of you on the bay horse

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
What I believe is meant is your hip and ankle should still be in a line just like when you are on the flat. Your crotch should still be over the seat of the saddle vs the pommel.

You are also on the horses neck w/your body...this is a tiny jump and doesn't need so much fold. When you look at a picture of yourself jumping--mentally remove the horse from the picture. If it looks like you would not be able to hold the "stance that you have over the fence" on the ground w/out the horse...then you can see what you need to work on.

Your horse looks he is having fun jumping! Very Cute. Good Luck.

i do believe he's a warmblood or wbcross. what i mean by flexing your hips is like bosox said - if instead of pushing your hips forward over the jump causing your crotch to be over the very front of the saddle - let your hips bend (stick your butt out behind you) so your crotch stays over teh middle of the saddle like it is doing SO nicely in the pics of you on the bay horse

Ohh okay, that all makes a lot of sense! Thank you both!

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
His head doesn't look over-large to me, maybe long. Is he a TB? I think the way he's tucked up and the angle distorts the pic. I bet he's very elegant looking slick and shiny in the summer. :smile:

I really have no idea what he is! Someone has said he looks like and Anglo-Arab, someone else also said he looks like a Westphalian(?), and now I'm hearing draft and warmblood! Haha, so I really don't know. Although, I'm almost positive he has arabian and TB in him.