Safe Sunday Riding

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Subject: [MarylandTrailRiders] Bill To Expand Sunday Hunting: Oct. thru Mid-Jan., Most of Maryland
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 12:51 PM

Please take a moment to read this article from the Equiery.

Bill To Expand Sunday Hunting: Oct. thru Mid-Jan., Most of Maryland

This year I have heard very little opposition from members of TROT and the Maryland Horse Council against Sunday hunting on private land.
In the past there has always been concern that bullets did not stay on private land and riders, hikers, mountain bikers etc should have one day a week where they can enjoy the outdoors without the danger of being shot.

This bill gives the Department of Natural Resources the option to allow Sunday firearms hunting in Montgomery, Frederick, Anne Arundel, Charles and most counties in the state.

I previously sent out a message listing five other Sunday hunting bills and received minimal reply. Unless I hear otherwise, I must assume that use of firearms on Sunday on private land is nolonger a concern and the trail riding community will not oppose bills allowing it.

If there is opposition from trail riders, I would like to hear it. I also know that the Equiery would like to hear from you as well.

info@equiery. com

Ron MacNab
Chair, Trails and Greenways Committee
Maryland Horse Council