SailorGirl

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Things have been a little dull in my household lately. I did set the smoke alarm off twice fixing dinner, but that's about the highlight of it. Saw lots of lightning walking this morning and a couple of bats when I sat outside with tea. I don't like bats, I don't care what they say, they do attack humans and they were a little too close for comfort this morning. They're plotting against me RareBreed; I can tell by the look in their beady little eyes.

Anyhoo I expect things to pick up a little when I take Joey back to ER this morning to get the packing removed from the hole in his neck that wasn't supposed to close up. I'm hoping I can get in with him without an argument - little on the cranky side this morning - that does mix well with no you can't.
I had a bat in my bedroom once, flying over me while sleeping. Because I had ferrets that weren't confined to a cage, I used a night light in my room. I woke up and saw a shadow go over my head. I stared a little longer and it did it again. I thought maybe it was a bird. I commando crawled out of my room and downstairs to tell my Mom that I had a bird in my room. She came upstairs and flipped on the light. She screamed, "oh my god, it's a bat!" At that point, I was ready to just shut the door and let the bat have my room.

My mom told me to run downstairs and grab a frying pan and a broom. She smacked the bat to the ground with the broom with one hand while she beat the ever loving snot out of it with the pan. My mom is pretty bad ass in my opinion. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I think I'd just move. Sometimes I dump the garbage early and leave the door wide open when I go out there. I don't know why I do this especially in the summer because I see bats all the time by the light a few feet away from the door. I've had lizards inside, frogs, toads, a squirrel once (that was hilarious) and a snake that my father described as a worm when he came over and caught it.
Had a frog jump onto the wall just inside the door once. Must have been on the outside of the door and I spooked it. Came home from work once and found a bird had been in our basement all day. Must have flown in while I was letting the dog go out to go potty. I never noticed and just shut the door afterward. It was pretty easy to get him out though. Had the door open and the bird was in the room down the hall from the door. Just shooed it towards the open door and out it went. I was surprised that there wasn't any bird poop in our basement either.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had a bat in my bedroom once, flying over me while sleeping. Because I had ferrets that weren't confined to a cage, I used a night light in my room. I woke up and saw a shadow go over my head. I stared a little longer and it did it again. I thought maybe it was a bird. I commando crawled out of my room and downstairs to tell my Mom that I had a bird in my room. She came upstairs and flipped on the light. She screamed, "oh my god, it's a bat!" At that point, I was ready to just shut the door and let the bat have my room.

My mom told me to run downstairs and grab a frying pan and a broom. She smacked the bat to the ground with the broom with one hand while she beat the ever loving snot out of it with the pan. My mom is pretty bad ass in my opinion. :lol:
😂

I chased one out of the house with a giant squeegee once!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Today's :doh: moment happened when I threw out my back getting dressed this morning. To add insult to injury, young rookie Officer decided to put a 15x10x6 sized box full of ammo on the top shelf of the overnight evidence locker for me to haul out to process. And I only got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep.

Lemme know next time you need some help moving heavy boxes of ammo.

:happytohelp:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Lemme know next time you need some help moving heavy boxes of ammo.

:happytohelp:
I only have a few more years before I get my 30 in and can retire with a pension. Don't need boxes of ammo going missing under my watch and getting into trouble for it. Thanks for volunteering though. :lol: