Saint Mary's Landing

ltown81

To be honest the main customers are very old. My experience with most old county people is they like bland food and they eat the same places over again. I am willing to bet the condition of that restaurant now is basically the median of any restaurant in St Marys circa 1965-1970. This is why Lennys stayed open so long.

OldHillcrestGuy

Place has been a dump for many years. It just surprised me that the parking lot was always full of cars. Guess the old folks just loved to eat some crunchy critters with their chicken.

mitzi

I made the mistake of choosing to go there a couple years ago not knowing how bad it was. It was good decades ago. The entrance must have had a couple hundred cigarette butts on the ground. That should have been a clue if they don't keep their entrance clean. I smoke and it was disgusting. My son said it smelled old people inside.

BernieP

Resident PIA
To be honest the main customers are very old. My experience with most old county people is they like bland food and they eat the same places over again. I am willing to bet the condition of that restaurant now is basically the median of any restaurant in St Marys circa 1965-1970. This is why Lennys stayed open so long.
People used to think that the Halfway House was fine dining, too.
see above, I remember reading an insert in the Empty Prize circa 1997 where Western Steer (the place that was on the corner of 235/4 owned by Dan) - was voted most romantic. Sure it was dark, more like dingy, it was a freaking buffet and the food was just drek, my kids were there for a soccer thing and never wanted to go back. It's all what you are used to, people get comfortable, complacent, they just accept it.
I'm sure you could find people that would defend any of these dumps, because it's their place, it's been their place to go for a long time.

Was out last night and it was mentioned there is a big sign stating they are open for business again today.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
see above, I remember reading an insert in the Empty Prize circa 1997 where Western Steer (the place that was on the corner of 235/4 owned by Dan) - was voted most romantic. Sure it was dark, more like dingy, it was a freaking buffet and the food was just drek, my kids were there for a soccer thing and never wanted to go back. It's all what you are used to, people get comfortable, complacent, they just accept it.
I'm sure you could find people that would defend any of these dumps, because it's their place, it's been their place to go for a long time.
I remember that. I went in there once, for a baby shower and it was nasty. Never ate there and never went back.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Had quite the turnout to strip and clean the entire building. Gotta wonder why they didn't do that earlier.