Salvage yards

Bonehead

Does anyone know of a salvage yard within a hundred miles that has a mercedes 123 body in it ? 123s are 1970-1985. Thanks for any help.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
contact info for brandywine? do they buy and pick up cars? we have 2 isuzu troopers and a bmw i'd like to have removed. :rolleyes:

G

geminigrl

Brandywine 301-373-2460, call and see if they buy or pick up.

Bonehead

Thanks for the info APS. I am into the restoration of a 1985 Mercedes 300TD turbo diesel wagon. Some parts are a little hard to find. Most yards don't want to fool with Mercedes because they think only high rollers own a Mercedes. Not true, my wagon cost 32,000 new in 1985. I bought it two years ago for 4,000 and have put lots of miles on it. How many american built 1984 cars are on the road? Diesel fuel is also a little cheaper to run at 26 MPG than gas. No spark plugs, coil, or other ignition stuff to screw up. Built like a tank and very reliable. Not too pretty right now though......

Spoiled

Originally posted by happyappygirl
contact info for brandywine? do they buy and pick up cars? we have 2 isuzu troopers and a bmw i'd like to have removed. :rolleyes:
what kinda bimmer?

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Originally posted by happyappygirl

Call center for life enrichment and see if they want them. We just donated 2 vehicles to them in the last 6 months. The last one needed lots of work, but they are willing to fix and use. At least then you get a tax write off. (You can write off their value as a legal donation). AND someone that may not be able to afford a vehicle gets a hand out also.........

J

jmo2676

or u can call melwood.. my brothers car didnt run at all and he called them and they came and took it. he got to write it off lastyears taxes :)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Suz'
Call center for life enrichment and see if they want them. We just donated 2 vehicles to them in the last 6 months. The last one needed lots of work, but they are willing to fix and use. At least then you get a tax write off. (You can write off their value as a legal donation). AND someone that may not be able to afford a vehicle gets a hand out also.........

:yeahthat: We donated our old minivan to them. We couldn't have gotten more than $300 for it in trade because of high mileage, but mechanically it was sound. We'll be able to write off much more on our taxes because of the donation.

I just happened to see it yesterday being driven through Lexington Park, so I know it's being put to good use. :yay:

There is a Mercedes only yard in Frederick. Don't know the name of it, all I know is that it is next to the MARC train tracks.

The junkyard on RT. 6 between Mechanicsville and La Plata has a couple of 70's-80's Mercedes right up along the chainlink fence. Don't know the name, but they have to be in the phonebook, and if you ask REALLY nicely, maybe somebody that goes by there every day going to/from work may be willing to get the name for you.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by Bonehead
Thanks for the info APS. I am into the restoration of a 1985 Mercedes 300TD turbo diesel wagon. Some parts are a little hard to find. Most yards don't want to fool with Mercedes because they think only high rollers own a Mercedes. Not true, my wagon cost 32,000 new in 1985. I bought it two years ago for 4,000 and have put lots of miles on it. How many american built 1984 cars are on the road? Diesel fuel is also a little cheaper to run at 26 MPG than gas. No spark plugs, coil, or other ignition stuff to screw up. Built like a tank and very reliable. Not too pretty right now though......

:yeahthat: Had a 300TD sedan that I bought for 1800 6 yrs ago, ran it up to DC for 3 yrs commuting, great car. Sold it to my BIL for 1900 3 yrs ago and he commutes to Landover or Reston daily with it. Maintenance on them is a breeze, nothing sloppy about anything on the car, everything fits like a glove.

Tomcat

Anytime
Bonehead said:
Does anyone know of a salvage yard within a hundred miles that has a mercedes 123 body in it ? 123s are 1970-1985. Thanks for any help.
I know this is a very old thread but, do you still have your W123? If so hare's a few somewhat local places I've found in just the past 2 weeks.
Supposedly the best Mercedes salvage yard in the country is in Frederic MD. Potomac German Parts not really local but a good online catalog is Mercedes Dismantlers and one I just found on eBay yesterday is Gottbenz located in Sykesville MD, not far from Columbia, MD. Have you found any place local for parts?

OldHillcrestGuy

huntr1 said:
The junkyard on RT. 6 between Mechanicsville and La Plata has a couple of 70's-80's Mercedes right up along the chainlink fence. Don't know the name, but they have to be in the phonebook, and if you ask REALLY nicely, maybe somebody that goes by there every day going to/from work may be willing to get the name for you.

Burch's Garage or just plain Burch's, its between Cooksey Rd and Bel Alton Newtown Rd on Rt. 6.