San Francisco puts 22 states on blacklist for restrictive abortion laws

This_person

US Constitution said:
No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing its inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Control of the Congress.

I have to wonder if some enterprising lawyer could use this restriction on the powers of a state (all city laws are from the authority granted by the people and the state) to argue that a restriction of utilizing goods from a given state is a form of a duty on that state or products produced by state residents.

It, without question, violates an obvious intent of this law to force free trade between states (except for executing inspection laws).

I'm sure there's some good lawyer out there weighing the benefits of such a lawsuit.

Hijinx

Why not all? Boycot them all and stay the hell in Kalifornia.
See if anybody gives a damn.

Rommey

"City employees in San Francisco are now forbidden to take work trips or do business with companies in 22 states that have “restrictive abortion laws.”
"The states being blacklisted by San Francisco for their “severe anti-choice policies” are Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin."

So let's assume a city employee needs to travel (i.e., drive and/or fly) through one of these states. They would be prohibited from buying anything (i.e., food, gas, lodging) in any of these states.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
San Francisco originally wanted to call the list a "sh!t list," but that struck to close to home.

LOL! Just needlin' ya, San Fran. Keep up the good work of making the Third World and the Dark Ages chic again!

--- End of line (MCP)

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

officeguy

Awesome. So there is a way to keep Californians from polluting the rest of the country with their presence. Where can one sign up ?