Saphron Restaurant in Prince Frederick

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I never think about Saphron's either. :doh: We usually end up in AA county or the beach.

General Lee

To each their own, but I didn't care much for it. Just not my style. The food I ordered is what I always eat but they ruined it with all the sauces they put on the stuff. Chain restaurants aren't my thing either so no that's not the issue.

I understand totally why most of you like it though. Another thing why they don't seem busy is most couples may not want to spend @ 80 bucks a meal. If its worth it, it's worth it but mine sure wasn't. The day I went they acted like their was no A/C in the place so it was also to hot to enjoy the meal.

Hank

my war
I have been there a couple of times. I wasn't impressed. :shrug:

Well, there is definitely a difference between the one in Dunkirk and P. Fred. I don't care much for the one in Dunkirk, but have had decent meals at the one in P. Fred.

General Lee

To each their own, but I didn't care much for it. Just not my style. The food I ordered is what I always eat but they ruined it with all the sauces they put on the stuff. Chain restaurants aren't my thing either so no that's not the issue.

I understand totally why most of you like it though. Another thing why they don't seem busy is most couples may not want to spend @ 80 bucks a meal. If its worth it, it's worth it but mine sure wasn't. The day I went they acted like their was no A/C in the place so it was also to hot to enjoy the meal.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well, there is definitely a difference between the one in Dunkirk and P. Fred. I don't care much for the one in Dunkirk, but have had decent meals at the one in P. Fred.

I wasn't aware there was one in Dunkirk.

Goldenhawk

It's off the beaten path. I do have to admit that I have not been there since Saphron's took over after it was Old Field Inn. I never think about it and I don't spend much time over in the Prince Frederick area. Solomons, yes.
Oh, THERE. What a sad story. We used to visit Old Field Inn for our anniversary almost every year. Then they cut down all the beautiful and huge trees around the building, which took it from looking like a beautiful old inn to just an outdated house. Then all the parking lots and other businesses got wrapped around it, and it lost a lot of its charm and appeal. The last time we went, late 90's or so, the food had gone from excellent to merely mediocre, and we sadly gave up. Had no idea it became something else.

Chris0nllyn

Where else is there in PF to eat at, that is a nice sit down place? I have not been to Jerry's, but it doesn't scream ambiance to me. :lol:

River's Edge in Benedict.

GREAT food, free hush puppies (Made with Crack, or something, because they scream "Eat me"), service is usually pretty good, and the option to eat on the outdoor deck that is on the water.

Decor is dreadful, and everytime we talk about it with staff, they say the owner is very set in his ways and doesn't want to remove to Christmas decorations, or take down the "store room" walkway out to the deck.

Once the food comes out, it's pretty easy to look past that though.

I recommend an order of Mussels for an appetizer. But be warned, you better like butter and garlic. :lol:

If you prefer Latin food, Fiesta. In the same shopping center as Ledo's