Saturday: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs 'Canelo' Alvarez

PJumper

Floyd Mayweather Jr. counting on experience to beat 'Canelo' Alvarez - latimes.com

LAS VEGAS — Floyd Mayweather Jr. revealed Wednesday more than he has about the thinking that drove him to accept Saul “Canelo” Alvarez as his Saturday night opponent.

While the Mexican star’s popularity was significant to the 44-0 Mayweather, so was his one-sided resume when compared to that of the 23-year-old.

As much as I hate Mayweather's antics, unless Canelo slipped a "lucky punch", Mayweather is going to win on points. Need somebody who is fast with their feet and hands to counter his sleek defensive style. Canelo is a very good technical boxer who could "see" Mayweather's moves but is not fast enough to execute a winning offensive move. He could get an upset if he would play with Mayweather's ego.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
As much as I hate Mayweather's antics, unless Canelo slipped a "lucky punch", Mayweather is going to win on points. Need somebody who is fast with their feet and hands to counter his sleek defensive style. Canelo is a very good technical boxer who could "see" Mayweather's moves but is not fast enough to execute a winning offensive move. He could get an upset if he would play with Mayweather's ego.

That's exactly right and that's what keeps me watching Mayweather fights. I'd never bet against him but I would LOVE to see him get KO'd.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope it's a good fight but I predict that Mayweather will put El Canelo away rather handily.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I hope it's a good fight but I predict that Mayweather will put El Canelo away rather handily.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't go the distance, unless Alvarez gets frustrated chasing Mayweather and wears himself out. This is his time to shine though so I'd bet he's in great shape. Mayweather has a way of making elite boxers look like novices.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I am so pissed at this fight. I was in Las Vegas LAST weekend. Why couldn't they have fought THEN? :bawl:

Anyhow, I predict Canelo will put a hurtin' on Mayweather and it will be a good match. Canelo is going to go the distance but in the end, I think Mayweather will use his trickery to defeat Canelo. I'm going 6 rounds.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I am so pissed at this fight. I was in Las Vegas LAST weekend. Why couldn't they have fought THEN? :bawl:

Anyhow, I predict Canelo will put a hurtin' on Mayweather and it will be a good match. Canelo is going to go the distance but in the end, I think Mayweather will use his trickery to defeat Canelo. I'm going 6 rounds.

I'm :offtopic: but, I did that Bas Rutten Muay Thai Heavy bag workout yesterday. I made it all 10 rounds, but now my knees and shins are black & blue. :frown:

Did you ever get to check out that boxing gym?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good fight. Canelo put on some weight hoping that he could land a shot. Alas...

But he should be happy with his performance. I thought he was done in the 3rd, then again in the 8th, but he kept coming. My piss off is the judge who scored them even. What match was he watching?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Good fight. Canelo put on some weight hoping that he could land a shot. Alas...

But he should be happy with his performance. I thought he was done in the 3rd, then again in the 8th, but he kept coming. My piss off is the judge who scored them even. What match was he watching?

Don't you mean she?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
It was a crappy fight. Even Mayweather looked bad. He could have done more but instead he just taunted Canelo. There is no reason that fight should have lasted all 12 rounds.

I liked when Mayweather got punched in the thigh and went into his little act.