Save the climate!! Please!!

GregV814

So I hear Jeff bezos, richer than Oprah, is going to go green and have electric vans (how to charge those batteries is still out there), and will spend gazillions on saving the planet. Yup, all by himself.
Well, I can’t let this go!! We need to help Jeffrey!!!
Money, I need your money to save climate AND weather, yes indeed folks. Send me, $8.00, 65 cents, gift cards, I don’t care, WE NEED To HELP BEZOS!!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So I hear Jeff bezos, richer than Oprah, is going to go green and have electric vans (how to charge those batteries is still out there),

Easy. They are going to install small wind turbines on top of each van to charge the batteries while driving.

SamSpade

Can someone answer me this -

Given that the nomenclature has changed over time - everything from greenhouse effect to global warming to climate change -

does it no longer matter if or not the planet is "warming"? I mean, could we be 'cooling' the planet and it's still 'climate change'?

It just seems to me that virtually EVERY weather phenomenon that occurs gets blamed on climate change unless it's observed as
something OTHER than predicted - but then it is STILL climate change. (e.g. global warming was supposed to create warmer winters
and more ferocious hurricanes - it didn't - so the opposite occurring becomes climate change). Worse, when the idea is mocked because
of a big snowstorm, someone will immediately say "stupid! climate is long term - weather is short term" but will do an about face when
California has fires and droughts (which it always does) or Florida has hurricanes (which it always does), the Midwest has floods (ditto)
and so forth. Evidently single anecdotal events do not disprove climate change but EVERY ONE that supports it is 'proof'.

It is precisely this kind of non-science of moving the goal posts that leaves me skeptical. Believe it or not, SCIENCE has a long history
of this kind of luancy because of theories and beliefs that support theories later shown to be wrong.

Isn't the underlying claim of everything that we are affecting climate - because of warming?

wow, they are protesting the weather.
I :banghead: : when the talking heads are alarming the masses because some weather event has made the top 5 of "the worst" list where the #1 is occurred in 1935 back before the threat of farting cows, air conditioners, SUVs, etc. Weather cycles have been happening in extremes from time to time and will continue to do so even without our 'help'.