Save the date: PARTY for the Bay!

Crow Bait

The Patuxent River CCA chapter will have its first banquet Saturday, October 6, at 6 p.m., at the California Elks Lodge #2092, 45779 Fire Dept Lane, California, Md. Mark the date on your calendar NOW for what promises to be an enjoyable evening for all in attendance.

In additional to complimentary beer and wine, a cash bar, and appetizers, the menu will include a garden salad, fried oysters, grilled chicken, baked ham, vegetable, potatoes, macaroni salad, and dessert.

Among items to be auctioned include several fishing trips with local guides, rods, reels, a hotel stay in Washington D. C., a personal pontoon boat, plus much more.

Tickets for this exciting event are $65 per person or $120 per couple. They can be obtained at the August chapter meeting or from Ed Roach, 410-586-2731.

We also seek your help. The banquet committee is currently recruiting additional items for both the live and silent auctions and the raffles, and we would appreciate your ideas. If you know of local organizations that should be approached, have contacts with potential donors, or have ideas of items to pursue, please contact who. Think creatively! Other chapters include everything from a truck load of mulch in the fall to games and toys for children, to gift certificates for dinner.

Crow Bait

Bump!

October is coming soon... let me know if you would like tickets. This is a good event for couples too.

Crow Bait

Here's a short list of Donations we've recieved to be Auction and Raffle items:

A light tackle trip for two on the Eastern Shore, includes accomodations and dinner

3 bottles of Champaigne

1 set of Planer Boards for Springtime Trolling

4 passes to the Calvert Marine Museum including a ride on the Tennyson

Greens fee and Carts for a Foursome at Chesapeake Hills Golf Course

$50 Gift Card to Port of Call Liquors

A trip for two on a DNR Research Vessel to observe and participate in local sampling

1 year membership at Maximum Health and Fitness

3 Custom, hand made, top water striper plugs.

Spring time Susquehanna Flats Trip for 2 with a CCA member

Summer Topwater Trip out of Solomons with a CCA member

Crabbing trip for 2 out of Solomons with a CCA member

Flounder Trip for 2 out of Solomons with a CCA member

A Jigging Trip for 2 out of Flag harbor with a CCA member

Evening Bass Trip for 2 on the Potomac River with Capt Mike Starrett

1 year ramp permit at Buzz's Marina

2 night's stay at L'enfant Plaza Hotel and a "behind the Scene's tour" of the Museum of Natural History

A pre-season Striper Trip for up to 10 people with Capt Sonney Forest on the Fin Finder, out of Solomons

A Spring Trophy Season Trip for 6 people with Capt Donnie Mitchell on the Melanie Ann, our of Solomons

Fly Casting Lessons for 2

A Spadefishing trip for 4 people with Capt Bob Reed out of Mathews Virginia

1 bushel of Oysters from Circle C oysters

An Assortment of Lures from Specialized Baits...

A personal pontoon boat ($400 value)

And LOTS MORE!

HammerII

So does this event support local issues? My problem is that to many times we see groups raise money and see to little of it reach the problems. I've read about some of the work CCA Southern Maryland does with yellow perch is this the same group?

Crow Bait

Yes, Same Group.

The SoMd Chapter meets in Hughesville, the Patuxent River Chapter meets at the California VFW. The Patuxent River chapter is new, and we haven't chosen a conservation project yet, but we really hope that we can be as successfull as the SoMD chapter.

For those of you that don't know, the SoMD chapter restocked Macintosh Run with yellow perch. There's actually a spawn there now!

Pretty cool group! Here's more info on CCA MD http://www.ccamd.org/

HammerII

They are a outstanding group. I called (888.758.6580)and bought my tickets over the phone with my credit card. Great group and great way to support and keep monies at the local level. No wonder they're growing

Thanks for sharing the info

SShewbert

What love is all about
Man I wish I had seen this sooner. We are going to be out of the state that weekend and that would have been awesome for my husband. He would have probably gotten all the trips. How often do you hold these?

Crow Bait

Man, you're right - I've been pimping this pretty hard for the last couple of months...sorry you didn't see it.

We hold them every year, this is our first one in this part of MD. The Patuxent River Chapter is the newest chapter and we meet every month (the 4th Wednesday) at the VFW in California. Its a social meeting with very little business and guest speakers and door prizes. I post the announcements here.