Say It Isn't So!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Something for me to read when I get a moment.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well freaking DUH. You don't have to be a Nobel Prize winning economist to understand that globalization will sock it to American workers and small businesses. All you have to do is think it through, which apparently is far too taxing for Democrat voters.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I have to admit I got this one wrong, too. I bought into the one-two punch of Tom Friedman's "McDonald's" thesis and China maturing into a democracy so that I thought we had reached the end of history.

Wrong on both punches (btw, 2007-2008 was the time I finally red-pilled).*

I don't think anyone expects everyone to be perfect. But I do think we have a right to expect our "experts" would continually reevaluate and have the bones to admit they were wrong. So while I'm glad to see the Krugmans of the world finally coming around I'm more than a bit miffed it took them so long.

But I admit to being a bit cynical regarding Krugman's (in this case) apology. I think he's just beating a tactical retreat in order to continue his strategic "true believer" Long March. Would be glad to be wrong. If so, will gladly issue an apology.

* This, btw, is part of the McMaster/Vindman/DC Swamp problem, re: criticisms of Trump's (foreign policy) approach: one gets so submerged in the DC groupthink echo chamber that it becomes hard to see alternatives (and for the anti- and #NeverTrumpers it's clear their ability to see anything beyond #TDS is magnitudes more difficult).

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But I admit to being a bit cynical regarding Krugman's (in this case) apology. I think he's just beating a tactical retreat in order to continue his strategic "true believer" Long March. Would be glad to be wrong. If so, will gladly issue an apology.

I don't see this leopard changing its spots .. Krugman is wrong A LOT