Say something nice...

Im_Me

I will say something nice.

I am still on dating vacation mostly because after the past couple of years it just has been rough. Every time I think I am ready to go out on a date..I do it and the guy ends up being a total douche or mooch-wannbe or looking for a sugar momma. Sometimes they make it to a 2nd date and make about that if we go any further I need to rethink the time I spend with horse. Another time the guy wanted to date me because he was tired of paying riding lessons and wanted me to let her ride MY horse. Sure...not going to happen.

:lol: You are right on that you have to dine with a few toads (though don't necessarily have to kiss them!) to find a "keeper"....... and you have to take an occasional break to save your sanity while you're picking through the reject pool.

I just wondered if you really intended to actually say something nice and just forgot? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This was a good thread (most of it). My posts still stand, 5 years and thousands of miles later. Monello and I rarely have conflict because neither of us enjoys it. Even on stressful moving days we don't take it out on each other.

One of my favorite things about Monello is that I can ask him nicely to do/not do something....and that's it. I rarely have to ask him twice, and never have to get pissed because I've asked him numerous times and he's agreed but was really ignoring me. It's important to us to make each other happy, especially since what's being asked is typically small and effortless.

Monello likes his t-shirts folded a certain way, so I do it. I've had a couple of fellow laundry-doers ask me why I fold his shirts that way, and the answer is because that's what he wants and it takes me an extra 5 minutes every week or so to make him happy. He (or we) makes up the bed every morning because I like a made bed and it doesn't take him much effort to do it. There's no, "Grrr....I don't want to do this thing...grrrr..." or bitching about it or acting like you're some saint because you do it once. We do it all the time because it's a small thing that makes the other person happy.

That is a lot bigger deal than some people might think.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Wow, Monello. Blast from the past. I see mamatutu is in the line up. How fun is this! Nice bump. Where is Hank? I miss him so. :bawl:
I bumped this over 4 years ago. You must have really slow internet in MoCo. How in the world did you think to reply to this thread?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We do it all the time because it's a small thing that makes the other person happy.

That is a lot bigger deal than some people might think.

:love:

That's why I stop and get you a fizzy soda when I go by the C store. Or hot oil, depending on the day.

Funny how often the little things take minimal effort but give the most satisfaction to both parties.