Scammer nets > $100K from some sucker

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It's true that there is 1 born every minute.

While I despise scammers, when you get to take advantage of someone to this degree I can't blame them.

The victim of fraud reported the incident to police. They stated they met a party by the name of 'Scott Byran' on the app Plentyoffish in February and began an 'internet relationship.' During that time, 'Mr. Byran' shared with the victim that he was having financial difficulties and requested approximately $500 in iTunes gift cards, which the victim sent. Furthermore, 'Mr. Byran' began to request more money for financial assistance, promising to pay the money back. A total of $26,000 was sent via Zelle during April, May and June. Additionally, $81,000 was sent via bank transfers between June thru August. The total amount defrauded is approximately $107,500.

i love you long time

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
having financial difficulties and requested approximately $500 in iTunes gift cards,
Anybody with half a brain would question how an iTunes card would be of benefit when there are so many other less obvious vehicles. Anytime a stranger asks for a gift card of any kind for anything..... big red flags.