SCANDAL! Brit in tutu invades synchronised swim

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
1058644166.3960004656.jpg

Mark Roberts, a professional streaker from Britain, jumps into the pool during the performances of the synchronised swimming team final at the World Swimming Championships in Barcelona, July 19, 2003. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

BARCELONA (Reuters) - An intruder dressed in a tutu, red bathing cap and goggles has disrupted the synchronised team event at the world swimming championships.

The interloper appeared midway through the final session between the performances of the Canadian and Japanese teams, cavorted about in a series of pirouettes and then jumped into the pool. He raised his arms in a triumphant salute before he was ultimately led away.

The man, who was advertising an online gambling site in letters painted on his front and back, has performed a number of similar stunts at sports events in Spain over the years.

International Amateur Swimming Federation (FINA) president Mustapha Larfaoui said: "We were all surprised about what happened during the competition... We have asked the organising committee to let us know what happened. We are waiting for their report."

He said it was also a test for security at the championships.

"This guy has a habit of coming to many events, not only this competition," he told a news conference.

K

Kain99

Why do I just love guys like this?? Hilarious! I wanna grow up to be just like him! :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Did you ever see the synchronized swimming parody they did on Saturday Night Live? It was hilarious! This story SO reminded me of that skit. :lol: