scanner anyone

SexiYaYa

:yeahthat:

Servpro was there this morning. That's a lot of smoke and soot damage though.

I find it odd that they are still using window unit AC in schools. How inefficient. It seems like they could have taken money from the feel good "green" projects that do little and made a much larger impact making HVAC systems efficient.

Great Idea...but try convincing your:howdy: COUNTY COMMISSIONERS!!!! They are ultimately the ones who decide what projects get funded for the schools. The schools only execute the projects approved and dictated by the County because that is how they are funded. Oh and the green projects are often paid for by grants...completely different funding sources that can only be used for those types of projects. So before you attack SMCPS, educate yourself and be informed.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Great Idea...but try convincing your:howdy: COUNTY COMMISSIONERS!!!! They are ultimately the ones who decide what projects get funded for the schools. The schools only execute the projects approved and dictated by the County because that is how they are funded. Oh and the green projects are often paid for by grants...completely different funding sources that can only be used for those types of projects. So before you attack SMCPS, educate yourself and be informed.

Blow me. That was not an attack on SMCPS. If you want to see an attack, keep spouting stupid like that and I'll be happy to oblige.

The money is all tax dollars, the only difference is the route it takes to get there. So what if it's a grant? That does not make it any less wasteful. So what if the county decides where it goes? That does not make it any less wasteful.

Seeing good money being wasted while ignoring valid issues is the problem. Trying to pretend that they are only wasting the money because others told them to is irresponsible and lazy. This attitude that it's okay to waste money because it was given to us is just insane.

sockgirl77

Blow me. That was not an attack on SMCPS. If you want to see an attack, keep spouting stupid like that and I'll be happy to oblige.

The money is all tax dollars, the only difference is the route it takes to get there. So what if it's a grant? That does not make it any less wasteful. So what if the county decides where it goes? That does not make it any less wasteful.

Seeing good money being wasted while ignoring valid issues is the problem. Trying to pretend that they are only wasting the money because others told them to is irresponsible and lazy. This attitude that it's okay to waste money because it was given to us is just insane.

Have you seen the SMCPS office building? They certainly wasted money in trimming it. Not to mention the management's salaries...

MMDad

Lem Putt
Have you seen the SMCPS office building? They certainly wasted money in trimming it. Not to mention the management's salaries...

I'm sure that's where the county told them to spend the money, or it was a grant that had to be used that way. So before you attack SMCPS, educate yourself and be informed.

I hope I don't need the sarcasm smiley.

SexiYaYa

I DON'T DISAGREE WITH YOU:bigwhoop: they're using my damn tax dollars too:smack: Your original statement was "I find it odd that they are still using window unit AC in schools. How inefficient. It seems like they could have taken money from the feel good "green" projects that do little and made a much larger impact making HVAC systems efficient." My response was and is simple...schools cannot use grant funds. Grants are awared and funds allocated with strict guidelines on how and what projects they can be used for; and green projects are often (not always) funded with grants.

HVAC renovations have and are continuing to occur in SMCPS. The fire was a horrible accident and I'm sure it will now prompt (hopefully) some funding to resolve the issues that caused the fire. It's sad that is usually takes a tragic accident to prompt government to fund projects that could have been prevented with upkeep and preventative maintenance/renovations. However, that is the case the majority of the time. The schools, the roads, governmental buildings, traffic lights, highways...it's all the same story.

Now, the reason I came off aggressively to your reply was simple. Folks need to be educated on how and why things happen before they complain blindly. There is nothing more powerful than and educated, law abiding, tax paying citizen who wants to ignite change in their community and is willing to put in some energy and effort to making it happen. After all, it is OUR COMMUNITY. :buddies:

Last edited: