Scavenger Hunt at Fair Hill Saturday Aug. 26

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
:howdy: Hey folks, I just received this flyer regarding a Scavenger Hunt at Fair Hill. Anyone going or want to get up a team? SOUNDS LIKE FUN AND FOR A GREAT CAUSE TOO!

Fellow Equestrians:
Help us Hunt for a Cure!

Take part in a Scavenger Hunt at Fair Hill Natural Resource Area on
Saturday, August 26, 2006

All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society!!

This event is being held to help North East, MD’s Relay For Lifeã (RELAY BY THE BAY) raise money for the American Cancer Society.

Who: Any equestrian – individual or teams up to 5 riders.
When: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Where: Fair Hill Natural Resource Area
Cost: $20 per rider

Requirements: proof of negative Coggins for each. It is highly recommended that all riders have an approved helmet – riding is at your own risk.

Complete the following information, include a check made payable to American Cancer Society in the amount of $20.00, and mail to:

Barbara DePaul
304 Clearfield Drive
Lincoln University, PA 19352

If any questions, call 610-869-6001 or email bkdepaul@comcast.net.

Include a COPY OF NEGATIVE COGGINS with the registration form or bring copy when checking in at the Scavenger Hunt.

Scavenger Hunt Registration Form

Team Name:

Name of Rider:

Address:

City:

State: ZIP code:

Phone number: *

Email address: *

Signature:

Parent/guardian signature
(if rider under 18 years of age)

Rain date: There is no rain date – should the weather not cooperate, the event will be cancelled. Please check one of the following choices: If it rains,

ÿ -- I would like you to keep my check as a contribution to ACS!

ÿ -- I would like to have my check returned to me.

* will be used only to contact you for additional information or if the event is cancelled because of inclement weather. They will not be given to anyone for other purposes.

Thank you for your support in helping to find a cure!!

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
More Information:

Scavanger hunts are fun! This is how it works: Teams of riders (from 1 to 5 persons per team) follow a pre-determined trail and look for various things. On this hunt, there are objects you need to find (either natural or placed by me), clues that you need to find the answers for along the trail, and trivia-type questions to answer. One person on the team will need to get off & on his/her horse to pick up the items you are asked to collect; another rider will need to write down answers & check off those items found.

The first teams can start at 9:00 am and other teams will be staggered every 10 - 15 minutes after that (depending on how backed up we get). I'm suggesting that the last team be ready to start off by 2:00 or so (although since the time on the form says 4:00, we will be there to accomodate that). Because you are looking for items, the ride is done at a walk. The trail is very easy terrain. There are a few streams to cross (wich also gives you a chance to water your horses). We estimate that it should take about 2 1/2 hours to complete the "hunt." Once you are done, you can leave -- all results will be mailed to you. Yes, there is a small prize for the winning team. The purpose of this is to have fun and to help raise money for ACS. To participate, you can fill out the registration form and send $20 (payable to American Cancer Society) to me at address on attached form. OR, you can register on sight. I w ould suggest, however, that pre-registration will help speed things up for you.

There are no age groups = whoever wants to ride together as a team can participate!

Please feel free to photocopy the attached form and give to others who might be interested! Thank you for your interest and I hope you can join us.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me or call me on 610-869-6001.
--
Barb DePaul