SCCA Autocross at Regency Furniture Stadium

glhs837

Power with Control
How did the Gmachin do? Would love to talk to that guy, is he a regular? Not many muscle car guys care about corners, would love to see what he's done.

corollinout

Before one of the runs they had the hood up then drove it to the lower parking lot. I didn't see it back on track after that.

glhs837

Power with Control
The #69 Mustang driver said that this was his first time doing this ever. The results (http://www.autocrossersinc.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/AI_2012-07-15_results.pdf) show he only made one complete run and one DNF, don't know if the car broke or what. I saw his first run and it looked pretty good for a first-timer in a car that probably wasn't ideally set up for autocross.

NOt ideal at all. They did run Trans Am back in the late 60s and did pretty well. But takes some work on that cooked noodle early uni-body to keep it from twisting up. I think with my 68 Cougar, I'll get some of the Mustang convertible body parts, the seat pans, for instance, in the vert is a one piece from one side to the other, and the side rails are one piece front tire to rear. Add in the stiffness of the roof, and you can do good things. And of course modern suspension bits.