Scenic drive list

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm a sucker for online list of things that are travel related. Plus who doesn't like a scenic drive. I might be due for a road trip after reading about these routes.

60 Most Scenic Drives in America - Beautiful Drives in the USA (menshealth.com)

I see 89A in Arizona and the Seward highway in Alaska on the list, so it appears to be legit and not some lame clickbait story. YMMV.

I'm partial to scenic road trips in the western parts of the US. I find the eastern parts to be mostly hills with trees. But out west you get the desert with it's miles long views.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Beartooth Mountain Pass in Montana. Breathtaking!

DaSDGuy

I remember when we were kids and stopped at Pikes Peak for a couple hours to enjoy the view. Dad had to break out the tools and adjust the air/fuel mixture on the carb to get the car started again. New cars do this automatically now.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Missus and I did the complete Rt. 101 "loop" around Olympic National Forest a month or so ago. Amazing scenery.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Might try a weekend drive along Blue Ridge Parkway this autumn, just for the hell of it.

Homer J

Power Chord
Might try a weekend drive along Blue Ridge Parkway this autumn, just for the hell of it.

The Skyline Drive trip is a good one too. Wife and I did that one about three years ago in the middle of October. We spent the night at the lodge at the halfway point.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I would bet money in my dads slides we have the same pic that he took. From a two month tent trailer trip he took us on summer of 72.
If I recall correctly, this photo was taken at the rest stop along the way to the top. Whoever decided to locate the parking lot there did a great job in picking a very scenic location. That whole drive was pretty spectacular. The Beartooth Highway.

beartooth_map.jpg

Last edited: