Schaefer does it again....

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Anyone see his interview yesterday? It is time for grandpa to go........ :buttkick:

Just days after he re-ignited controversy by referring to primary opponent Janet S. Owens as "Mother Hubbard," Schaefer not only defended that assessment ("Well what does she look like?" he asked), he also: pretended to not know opponent Peter Franchot ("What's his name again? Francois?"); slammed The Baltimore Sun ("The Sunpaper's going to pot") and the head of its editorial board (who "sits up like she's Mother Teresa and smiles all over the place and then puts a knife in my back"); and then, barely pausing for breath, reiterated that Owens is "not a spring chicken."

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
He's one Democrat that I will vote for! :yay: He might be a codger, but he's unconventional and I like that!

bdh802

Bob
vraiblonde said:
He's not merely a codger - he's senile and needs to be put in a home.

I agree. He is staring to lose it. I've done my homework and I'll be voting for Janet Owens.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
bdh802 said:
I agree. He is staring to lose it. I've done my homework and I'll be voting for Janet Owens.

I'm confused - is that Broom Hilda, or Mother Hubbard? :lol:

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
He's not merely a codger - he's senile and needs to be put in a home.
He reminds me of my Grandfather just before he went into a home. Walking around the neighborhood with his limp willy hanging out.

SamSpade

Have people forgotten, this is the same guy who asked a staff member to come back and then "walk again" after staring at her butt as she walked away?

Pete

Repete
SamSpade said:
Have people forgotten, this is the same guy who asked a staff member to come back and then "walk again" after staring at her butt as she walked away?
She was hot :shrug:

rraley

I was so very grateful a couple weeks ago when I saw that Schaefer was losing to Owens 42-35. The man's far too old and he is far too crazy...he is completely unworthy of public office at this stage in his career.

I also have partisan reasons for disliking Shaefer...Democrats should be concerned with his consistent support of Governor Ehrlich's positions on the Board of Public Works and his endorsement of George H.W. Bush, Bob Dole, and George W. Bush for President. I prefer moderate Democrats and those who seek consensus, but I do not support Democrats who rubber-stamp or endorse Republican positions/candidates.

No vote for Schaefer

I don't see how any common sense person can vote for this man. And I use that term with some ????. He is an over the hill loose cannon. An actor whose time is over. I will vote for Owens.

AndyMarquisLIVE

I like Schaffer for the same reason I like Ray Nagin, because everytime those guys speak - something funny comes out of their mouths.

His comments were a bit over the top though.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
I like Schaffer for the same reason I like Ray Nagin, because everytime those guys speak - something funny comes out of their mouths.

His comments were a bit over the top though.

I think Schaefer has integrity - but the comparison to Nagin may be enough to scare me. Hey - Louie Goldstein was Comptroller forever, and there's no reason to believe Schaefer won't have the job for as long as he wants it as well!

No for Schaefer

Oz said:
I think Schaefer has integrity - but the comparison to Nagin may be enough to scare me. Hey - Louie Goldstein was Comptroller forever, and there's no reason to believe Schaefer won't have the job for as long as he wants it as well!
Louie Goldstein was a man of great integrity who loved people. Schaefer has no integrity...he will say or do anything to get elected. He is a loner at heart and doesn't really like people. He never married, was an only child and was spoiled rotten. It is showing big time now!!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
luthersomd said:
Louie Goldstein was a man of great integrity who loved people. Schaefer has no integrity...he will say or do anything to get elected. He is a loner at heart and doesn't really like people. He never married, was an only child and was spoiled rotten. It is showing big time now!!

I still have one of Louie's gold coins in my dresser drawer! :cheers:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oz said:
He's one Democrat that I will vote for! :yay: He might be a codger, but he's unconventional and I like that!
:yeahthat:
I hope someone publishes the "William Donald Schaefer" book of quotes....

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
FireBrand said:
:yeahthat:
I hope someone publishes the "William Donald Schaefer" book of quotes....

I'm still voting for him when the General Election rolls around. His opponents can't find anything wrong with the job he's doing so they attack him for being old. I also like that he has cast aside party lines and been very supportive of Gov Ehrlich. We need more of that in Annapolis, and fewer people who will walk the party line. I like politicians who will just do what is right for their Constituents, and so far I haven't seen Comp Schaefer going against that premise.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Oz said:
I'm still voting for him when the General Election rolls around. His opponents can't find anything wrong with the job he's doing so they attack him for being old. I also like that he has cast aside party lines and been very supportive of Gov Ehrlich. We need more of that in Annapolis, and fewer people who will walk the party line. I like politicians who will just do what is right for their Constituents, and so far I haven't seen Comp Schaefer going against that premise.
:yeahthat: I think many politicians forget, or simply don't realize to begin with, that once elected all the citizens become their constituents not just those of their political party. We need more of doing what is right versus doing what the party wants them to do.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I guess the Republican is going to get my vote now that Mayor Schaefer is gone... :jameo: