Scheible's restaurant

teambj

I've heard that Scheible's has pizza and wing night on Thursdays and was considering checking it out this evening. anyone know the details? and is there anything worth checking out down that way besides Pt Lookout?

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I've heard that Scheible's has pizza and wing night on Thursdays and was considering checking it out this evening. anyone know the details? and is there anything worth checking out down that way besides Pt Lookout?

I'm not telling. :mad:

It's not a fancy place if you are looking for that. The waitresses get swamped cause they get so busy, so if you are a demanding customer, you won't be happy.

However, if you want a large homemade by mom style pizza, and a pitcher of domestic beer to wash it down, and don't mind waiting, have no problem with a large crowd of folks who hold loud conversations with people they know on the other side of the restaurant, peeling linoleum, and outdated decor, then it's perfect. I personally love it.

It's on the edge of Ridge, just enjoy the scenary on your way down. Schieble's in situated on the water and has a little beach and dock behind the restaurant. Other than going to the American Legion afterwards, no there are no tourist attractions. If you want that, then yes, you have to drive down to Pt Lookout, visit the Confederate Memorial, lighthouse, et al.

pebbles

We go almost weekly, I won't be there tonight though, the rest of our little group will be there! lol I love the pizza & don't usually wait long for ours. But it does get busy. You can get wings & a pitcher for the same price too & they are pretty good too. We enjoy it & usually take the kids down to the water when we are done for a few minutes.

Love the Legion, I may know you IRL mig!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
We go almost weekly, I won't be there tonight though, the rest of our little group will be there! lol I love the pizza & don't usually wait long for ours. But it does get busy. You can get wings & a pitcher for the same price too & they are pretty good too. We enjoy it & usually take the kids down to the water when we are done for a few minutes.

Love the Legion, I may know you IRL mig!

I bet you do. :lmao: But it's them ladies I hang out with that get me into trouble like that. Really. I'm innocent. :angel: :roflmao:

TPD

the poor dad

As locals who enjoy the place, we are supposed to tell you non-locals that it is the worst place in the world, so you do not descend upon us and take "our table"! But I can't say that. As a bi-weekly patron, I enjoy the place. Food is always good and, in my opinion, the physical appearance is not as bad as mig described it. Thursdays is a pitcher of beer/tea/soda and a pizza or wings for $10 - best deal anywhere. I won't be there tonight so you can go and ask for my table....but next week I want my table back! And like any place, service for the "regulars" will always be better. :buddies:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
As locals who enjoy the place, we are supposed to tell you non-locals that it is the worst place in the world, so you do not descend upon us and take "our table"! But I can't say that. As a bi-weekly patron, I enjoy the place. Food is always good and, in my opinion, the physical appearance is not as bad as mig described it. Thursdays is a pitcher of beer/tea/soda and a pizza or wings for $10 - best deal anywhere. I won't be there tonight so you can go and ask for my table....but next week I want my table back! And like any place, service for the "regulars" will always be better. :buddies:

It's a horrible horrible place. Nobody wants to go. Really. :drama:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:frown:

Some of these forum gatherings need to be on a non worknight for those of us who don't live close!

Damn, already made pizza. Maybe another time. :) :buddies:

:frown:

Some of these forum gatherings need to be on a non worknight for those of us who don't live close!

Sorry, guys. I was just making a joke, ribbing Mig and TPD a bit.... If there was a gathering, it would be a little more organized than that.

I found some Chinese potstickers in the freezer, steamed them and that was dinner. :lol:

TPD

the poor dad
Went to Scheible's tonight for pizza - the pier was completely under water! Didn't walk out to get a closer look but would guess 6" under water. The water had not risen into the parking lot though. We were there about high tide time.

(Since this seems to be the day to resurrect old threads, thought I would do my part! :buddies: )