School Question

Ehesef said:
Anyone here ever taken Intro to Sociology at CSM with D. Brown as the instructor? Can you give me the scoop?

How about Intro to Business in a Market Economy with T. Smith?
Now that I think about it what are the course letters for your econ class? The name sounds familiar.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I agree with Elle. I took Sociology 1010 in the class room a year or two ago and it was fairly easy. One of my favorite classes as of yet.:yay: Good luck!

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ehesef said:
How about Intro to Business in a Market Economy with T. Smith?
Tim Smith is very, very knowledgeable, entertaining, interesting, informative, and fair. He is my all-time favorite instructor - bar none. He doesn't teach you straight from the book - he teaches you about real life.

I have probably had him for a dozen or more classes between UMUC and FIT, in addition to being the top dog for my organization in my last job and is now the ex-Executive Director of NAS Pax River since he retired last month. I had him for Marketing in my last semester at FIT last year and it was a blast. It was a fun course with cool projects and lots of topical information. :yay:

Last edited:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
BuddyLee said:
I agree with Elle. I took Sociology 1010 in the class room a year or two ago and it was fairly easy. One of my favorite classes as of yet.:yay: Good luck!
Had SOC with Don Brown last night. It seems like it's going to be okay. The final is totally optional and can't hurt you, it can only help you. There are also no papers in the class other than an extra credit paper, it can only help you too. There is a 15 question quiz after every chapter and a 25 question test after every section. 13 quizzes/tests total. All are multiple choice/true-false. So basically all I have to do is read, come to class and take notes. If I can just put up with the kids whose conversations are about parties and beer and who from highschool is pregnant by who, I'll be fine. Hopefully this will help the next person to take this class.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
I took that class with Tim Smith....one of the better instructors I've had! Take the class - you'll enjoy it....but pay attention because he seems like he's going about 100 mph!