School tomorrow

sm8

On our calender from the begining of the school year they have it marked as a day of school, October was the only month that there were no days off or half days.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
I heard they were saving these "holidays" so the kiddo's could have off 2 weeks at xmas instead of the normal 1 week

Honestly, it could be. I really don't know. I shipped my kids off to Colorado a month ago and have since stopped paying attention to the schedule.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Actaully, it's a regular day of school and was scheduled as such from the beginning.

Here's the direct link to the calendars...

SMCPS - Calendar

Don't aways go by what "you heard". It's often incorrect.

It was not always a scheduled day to go to school for St. Mary's. The original calendar has it as a day off. I didn't click on your link but I assume it is an updated calendar. It was recently added as a day to attend school. There were even automated calls made from the school on Friday to make sure every parent knew there would now be school.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
It was not always a scheduled day to go to school for St. Mary's. The original calendar has it as a day off. I didn't click on your link but I assume it is an updated calendar. It was recently added as a day to attend school. There were even automated calls made from the school on Friday to make sure every parent knew there would now be school.
:yeahthat:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I am personally thrilled. I get a paid day off from work and my kids are at school. Other than getting them up at 5:30 am and getting them off to school I have had a great nap and have another 3 and a half hours before they will be home. I love days like this.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Actually, it was a scheduled day to go to school for St. Mary's. If you look at the link, you'll see that it was approved back in June. Today's day of school has nothing to do with flooding, Irene, etc. It is a normal day of school according to the system calendar. The reason for the automated calls made from the school was because in past years Columbus Day was set aside for teacher/parent conferences and the kids didn't go to school. That's not the case this year. My orgiginal point stands. Today had nothing to do with making days up for flooding.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I am personally thrilled. I get a paid day off from work and my kids are at school. Other than getting them up at 5:30 am and getting them off to school I have had a great nap and have another 3 and a half hours before they will be home. I love days like this.

:yay:
I remember those days.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
Actually, it was a scheduled day to go to school for St. Mary's. If you look at the link, you'll see that it was approved back in June. Today's day of school has nothing to do with flooding, Irene, etc. It is a normal day of school according to the system calendar. The reason for the automated calls made from the school was because in past years Columbus Day was set aside for teacher/parent conferences and the kids didn't go to school. That's not the case this year. My orgiginal point stands. Today had nothing to do with making days up for flooding.

While it may not have anything to do with the flooding and everything else, it was originally a scheduled day off. I printed the 2011-2012 calendar during the 2010-2011 school year, and it was a day off. I still have that calendar showing today as a day off.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
While it may not have anything to do with the flooding and everything else, it was originally a scheduled day off. I printed the 2011-2012 calendar during the 2010-2011 school year, and it was a day off. I still have that calendar showing today as a day off.

I work in a medical office and we keep school scheduled. Mine also has it as a day off and it wasnt printed until July.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Be that as it may, the final schedule was approved in June for the 2011-2012 school year. It was a scheduled day off last year and previous years. I already stated that. My origianl post was in response to someone saying that kids went to school today because of flooding. That is not the case. That was my point and it still stands.

The real reason for kids attending today was already posted earlier in this thread....

This is one of the furlough days. In orde to protect the jobs of non-tenured teachers, SMCPS teachers agreed to take three furlough days this year. This is one of those days. There will be three extra days added to the winter break to adjust for the days. Teachers will work for 190 days this school year but get paid for 187 days.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Attachments

• 2011-2012.pdf
    123.3 KB · Views: 75

CRHS89

Seriously people? You are going to argue and ask for proof of whether this was an originally scheduled day off or when exactly it was approved??? Good lord, get a life. The fact is that the kids are in school. What else matters? If you are going to argue over something, at least make it something worth while. Smh...

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm

I envy you.