Science or Common Sense - Which is It?

TPD

the poor dad
So now Fauci says since we don't have the data, we can use common sense!

On Thursday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and chief medical adviser to President Biden, said that “even though it isn’t backed by data,” if two vaccinated people want to get together, they can, “though the risk is not zero.” He added, “My professional judgment is that when my daughter wants to come in here and she’s doubly-vaccinated, I’m going to have her over the house, and I’m going to give her a big hug that I haven’t been able to do for a year. So, I mean, you got to use some common sense.”

Fauci stated, “What we’re saying right now, even though it isn’t backed by data, it’s backed by common sense that if you have two vaccinated people, and they want to get together, be they family members, or friends that you know, are vaccinated, you can start getting, as individual people, even though the risk is not zero.”

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well, that's fine, doc. Unless your daughter dies from being doubly vaccinated. Then it becomes awkward.
I think what he meant was that someone has had both injections of a two-injection vaccine.

Hijinx

I never stopped hugging my kids. or my grandkids.
I wasn't sick and they would not have come to see me if they were.

I am pretty sure those people who had a mistress came together whenever they wanted to also.
Please take notice of the spelling of the word come.

Now if Faucci says it's OK for people who have had their distemper shots to come together he should say people who have had their shots can forget their face diapers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fauci can suck my butt. He's a preening media whore who knows his 15 minutes is about up and is desperate to remain relevant. I couldn't stand him the moment he opened his disgusting mouth.

One of Trump's personnel mistakes, no doubt chosen by the corrupt PsOS who pretended to be in his administration.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
My 75 yr old mother and her 88 yr old gentleman friend stopped seeing each other for about 6 weeks. Then they went back to having dinner together and playing Scrabble 3+ days a week. Don't go dancing twice a month anymore because the dances have been cancelled, but I'm sure they dance around the house after their dinners.

I see and hug my sons and grands, and my mother and siblings, as much as I want to, after being careful for a few weeks. We share meals, play cards, everything we ever did.

None of us has gotten sick, and no one has died.

I wear their stupid mask when I have to, but ONLY because I have to in order to go shopping.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I would think dying of loneliness would be a lot worse than getting sick with something you have a 98+% of recovering from.

Sure, be cautious until you know what you're dealing with, just like we did for AIDS. Once you know what your risk is, let the kissing resume!

Hijinx

I would think dying of loneliness would be a lot worse than getting sick with something you have a 98+% of recovering from.

Sure, be cautious until you know what you're dealing with, just like we did for AIDS. Once you know what your risk is, let the kissing resume!

You bring up a subject that has been brought up before, but has never been seen as important enought to make a change.
Yes: Dying of loneliness is a terrible thing. but living it is even worse.
If you are in a nursing home or hospital and no one can visit you.
Just last week a good friend of mine who has had multiple serious visits to the hospital died.
He was placed in the hospital in bad shape he was there for about a week with no visitors.
He was quite literally dying, but he could have no visitors,
Not even his wife. I guess they felt charitable when they called his wife and told her she should come up to see him because they were going to pull the plug. When he was able to say goodbye they wouldn't let her come , but when he was taking his last breath on the machine they
gave her a break and let her in . We will bury him Monday. A good man who suffered alone when there was no cause too.
This sht is not right. I don't give a fuk what anyone says, i don't care about Faucci or some dik head running a hospital or nursing home. If the spouse is willing to take the risk she/he should be allowed to take it. It is not right to abandon these people in this manner.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
They just opened up the assisted living facility where my dad is in Arkansas. My brother took him out for breakfast this morning, first time he's been out in almost a year, no visitors except the staff, no family, nothing. He didn't stop grinning the entire morning.

ontheriver

My neighbor's husband died alone in the hospital this past August. She wasn't allowed in to see him.

My sister is in an assisted living facility in another state and has not been out or allowed to have a visitor in a year.

I agree, this is all so wrong.

TPD

the poor dad
You bring up a subject that has been brought up before, but has never been seen as important enought to make a change.
Yes: Dying of loneliness is a terrible thing. but living it is even worse.
If you are in a nursing home or hospital and no one can visit you.
Just last week a good friend of mine who has had multiple serious visits to the hospital died.
He was placed in the hospital in bad shape he was there for about a week with no visitors.
He was quite literally dying, but he could have no visitors,
Not even his wife. I guess they felt charitable when they called his wife and told her she should come up to see him because they were going to pull the plug. When he was able to say goodbye they wouldn't let her come , but when he was taking his last breath on the machine they
gave her a break and let her in . We will bury him Monday. A good man who suffered alone when there was no cause too.
This sht is not right. I don't give a fuk what anyone says, i don't care about Faucci or some dik head running a hospital or nursing home. If the spouse is willing to take the risk she/he should be allowed to take it. It is not right to abandon these people in this manner.

This type of crap pisses me off! I am surprised we have not heard of family members just saying no and walking into hospitals to visit their loved ones regardless of what is allowed.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
This type of crap pisses me off! I am surprised we have not heard of family members just saying no and walking into hospitals to visit their loved ones regardless of what is allowed.
I would bust out the F'ing door and do some Rambo $hit.

Hijinx

It just doesn't make sense.
The nurses go home at night, and they come back to work. They put on their PP gear and go in, the spouse could do the same thing.
There is no reason to keep a spouse away from the hospital except they just don't want to fool with them.