Scientists Want You To Panic Over Flu That Didn't Happen Last Year

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now, “scientists” want us to worry about what the next flu season could be like.

Because there was no flu last year. See what I mean about the absurd thing?

NBC News:
But according to scientists like Dr. Andy Pekosz, a professor of microbiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, a year without much flu could lead to a year with a whole lot of flu.
“We’ve gone over a year without a significant portion of the population getting infected with flu and getting immunity because of that,” Pekosz said. “That could mean that the susceptible people in the population to flu are going to be increasing.”
When someone gets the flu, they usually develop some immunity to the virus. That’s why young children and babies are often the most susceptible to getting infected, because their immune system hasn’t seen the virus yet. But since there was such little influenza circulating this year, the number of people without any prior immunity could double.
“With low level population immunity, that could bring about more cases,” said Scott Hensley, a microbiologist at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine. “We could see more pediatric deaths and, concurrent with that, a rise in cases within the whole community. That’s because overall population immunity is predicted to be low.”

The word “could” is used in that short quote five times. It’s speculation by so-called experts and nothing more. The experts have failed us so often and so miserably in the last 14 months that I think we can be forgiven for greeting this news with an enormous amount of skepticism.

I wrote in February about the Most Holy and Revered Experts shifting the panic narrative to the COVID variants. That allows them to keep playing un-elected overlords for much longer. As I’ve been saying since the early pandemic days, these tyrants are pit bulls with their teeth in a steak right now, and they won’t be giving it up any time soon.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I wonder. I wonder how they can tell the difference between the flu and this novel coronavirus in a patient, seeing as they both present the same symptoms.

Reactions: BOP

herb749

With everything being covid-19 that was the only flu. And as long as the testing is still saying any flu is it nothings going to change.

SamSpade

If I may ...

I wonder. I wonder how they can tell the difference between the flu and this novel coronavirus in a patient, seeing as they both present the same symptoms.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if substantial numbers of flu patients were diagnosed as such without bothering to check at all.

Hijinx

Pretty sure there was a flu season last year, but it was called Covid to boost the numbers.

What could have made the regular flu worse was that the medications for the regular flu such as Thera-flu were not used because of ---guess what"--Covid. The 500,000 deaths figure was IMO bullsht. How many more people died last year than the previous years. It sure wasn't 500,000.