Scotland invaded by Mexico

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
They must all be naturalized citizens, so proud to celebrate the 4th of July, America's Independence Day!

mitzi

That they don't? I haven't been there yet. My neighbor says it's pretty nice.

That they don't if they trash it all up like people say they do. I haven't been yet either, I used to live on that road. I was glad to see the farm not turn into another development like they seem to do.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That they don't if they trash it all up like people say they do. I haven't been yet either, I used to live on that road. I was glad to see the farm not turn into another development like they seem to do.

Exactly. Might check it out this weekend.

glhs837

Power with Control
Ill bet more than half maybe 3/4 of them are illegal :patriot::patriot::patriot:

I visit the Ridge DG a few times a week, and Ridge Hardware (love the FlyPunch) a little less often. Just noticed the newly posted sign in DG explaining that there were no public bathrooms in both English and Spanish. Daughter, who is pursuing n environmental degree and was volunteering at Calvert CLiffs has moved to Point Lookout with her sponsoring Ranger. I'll be curious to get her take after she spends some more time there.

3CATSAILOR

No, not that Scotland. Scotland, MD

Point Lookout State Park was closed about 9:30 yesterday, leaving hundreds of cars looking for a place to picnic and fish. So, they took to the back roads of Scotland invading neighborhoods and farms.

No casualties were reported, just lots of trash to be picked up in the aftermath.
Thanks go out to SMCS office in traffic control early in the morning, but the assault did not end until 4:00

Yep. Wait until it gets worse. It's good that the police didn't give them any tickets for leaving trash or for doing anything else. My experience is that the tags to their vehicles come back unknown or unlisted and many don't have a valid form of ID or an ID with a different name. So far no gangs. Count yourself as lucky this time. Hopefully you won't have to call the SMCS for any emergency in Scotland. The response time from LP City may take a few minutes.

Blister

I visit the Ridge DG a few times a week, and Ridge Hardware (love the FlyPunch) a little less often. Just noticed the newly posted sign in DG explaining that there were no public bathrooms in both English and Spanish. Daughter, who is pursuing n environmental degree and was volunteering at Calvert CLiffs has moved to Point Lookout with her sponsoring Ranger. I'll be curious to get her take after she spends some more time there.

What is a DG?

GregV814

In District Court the other day, about a dozen or so males of hispanic origin, were standing trial for undersized rockfish, too many fish, fishing w/o a license etc.... As the first unsuitably dressed male of hispanic origin took the stand, he acted as if did not comprehend the judge ...a bewildered look on his face caused the judge to ask if he needed an interpreter to explain the charges. He shook his head. She set a new Court date so that a bi-lingual, Court approved person could 1) explain the charges, 2) get his plea...I scanned the gallery for the other males of hispanic origin....snickering and giving each other winks and nods, the routine was set in motion...each and every one acted bewildered, confused and could have received an academy award for their portrayal of an indigent man... So in AUGUST, the individuals will PROBABLY return with a costly tax payer interpreter, and resume act2. Now, the DNR officers shook their heads in disgust and told me they fully understood the violations, charging documents and certainly knew obscene language....This is another example of the hungry and poor yearning to be free I guess...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
In District Court the other day, about a dozen or so males of hispanic origin, were standing trial for undersized rockfish, too many fish, fishing w/o a license etc.... As the first unsuitably dressed male of hispanic origin took the stand, he acted as if did not comprehend the judge ...a bewildered look on his face caused the judge to ask if he needed an interpreter to explain the charges. He shook his head. She set a new Court date so that a bi-lingual, Court approved person could 1) explain the charges, 2) get his plea...I scanned the gallery for the other males of hispanic origin....snickering and giving each other winks and nods, the routine was set in motion...each and every one acted bewildered, confused and could have received an academy award for their portrayal of an indigent man... So in AUGUST, the individuals will PROBABLY return with a costly tax payer interpreter, and resume act2. Now, the DNR officers shook their heads in disgust and told me they fully understood the violations, charging documents and certainly knew obscene language....This is another example of the hungry and poor yearning to be free I guess...

Check out the lastest DNR release for fishing/crabbing violations. This is just the folks with a last name that begins with A. All the other letters are pretty much the same. Not many Smith or Jones on the list. Lots of names that end in Z.

ABARCA COREAS, GABRIEL A ADJULA,
ABDILLA TAHALUL JR
AGUILAR-AGUILAR, JOSE RAMON
AGUILAR GONZALEZ, WILSON JONAS
ALCANTARA, GLADYS
ALEMAN CARRANZA, JOSE WILFREDO
ALVARADO, RICARDO
ALBERTO CANIZALEZ
ALVARENGA GRANADOS, ELMER EZEQUIEL
ALVARENGA, CRUZ MEDRANO
ALVARENGA, MIGUEL A
ALVAREZ, RENE DAGOBERTO
AREVALO, MISAEL
ANTONIO MENDEZ
ARGUETA, ALEXIS
ARGUETA
ARTEAGA, CRISTIAN
AVILA ACOSTA, OLVIN OMAR
AVILA MOLINA, CARLOS ALBERTO

>90% appear to be hispanic surnames. I'd be curious why so many of them think they don't have to follow established bag and size limits. It has to be cultural. I've seen a lot of Asian surnames on other lists of poachers, etc.

Busted

PeoplesElbow

Check out the lastest DNR release for fishing/crabbing violations. This is just the folks with a last name that begins with A. All the other letters are pretty much the same. Not many Smith or Jones on the list. Lots of names that end in Z.

>90% appear to be hispanic surnames. I'd be curious why so many of them think they don't have to follow established bag and size limits. It has to be cultural. I've seen a lot of Asian surnames on other lists of poachers, etc.

Busted

I have a Mexican friend who told me that he yelled at some of these guys for littering and they called him a gringo. He looks Mexican, but it still surprised them when he replied in Spanish.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Diversity makes us stronger!

On Friday, officers saw two men catching fish near Fishing Creek Bridge and stopped their vehicle as they drove away. Inside, they found 86 undersized striped bass.
Martin Majano, 41, of Walkersville and Jose Osmar Martinez Gonzales, 44, of Gaithersburg, were each charged with keeping undersized striped bass and keeping striped bass under the legal minimum size of 20 inches

Lila Del Carmen Hernandez, 54, of Washington, D.C., Idalia Elizabeth Hernandez, 30 and Roberto Carlos Fuentes Joya, 28, both of Beltsville and Jose Maria Hernandez Alberto, 54, of Silver Spring, were each charged with keeping undersized fish, exceeding the daily creel limit and keeping striped bass between midnight and 5 a.m.

The men, aboard a recreational boat, were stopped as they returned to the public boat ramp on Kent Island. A search found 17 fish, 16 of them under the legal minimum size of 20 inches, hidden away. The largest and only legal striped bass was 20 1/2 inches and the smallest was 12 1/4 inches.
Silver Spring residents Evaristo Hernandez-Ortiz, 44; Gilberto Anibal Contreras, 33; Juan Cristino Jonguitud, 36; and Rene Alexis Salvador, 28, and Rockville resident Carlos Mario Sanchez, 28, each were charged with keeping undersized striped bass, exceeding the daily creel limit and keeping striped bass between midnight and 5 a.m.

Sochan Mak, 30, and Nasiet Neak, 35, both of Philadelphia, received citations for possessing striped bass during a closed season. They were stopped shortly after 10 p.m. Sunday and 13 striped bass were seized.
Three hours later, Nelson Alberto Hernandez Lopez, 38, Reynerio Hernandez, 46, and Alvarado Danilo, 46, all of Alexandria, Virginia, were cited for possessing 31 striped bass during a closed season.

Two Prince George’s County men were charged last Thursday with poaching 27 striped bass near the Fishing Creek Bridge in Dorchester County.
Jose Roberto Medrano, 24, of Fort Washington, and Jose DeJesus Garcia Pineda, 35, of Oxon Hill, were stopped at 5:20 a.m. by officers on surveillance. Each man was charged with having undersized striped bass, exceeding the daily catch limit, catching in a restricted area and violating time of day regulations.

Two Virginia men were charged early Friday morning with multiple poaching violations after officers on surveillance in Dorchester County caught them with 22 undersized striped bass.
Obed Bia Callejas Zavala, 31, of Woodbridge, and Jose Rides Vasquez, 29, of Alexandria, were stopped as they drove away from a spot on Fishing Creek. Officers cited them for possessing undersized fish, overfishing, catching fish in a restricted area and possessing striped bass beyond the legal time.

I could do this all day as the MD DNR website has tons of similar incidents.

GregV814

well, this too....

ANNAPOLIS, Md. - The Maryland Department of Natural Resources has partnered with libraries in four counties to enable their patrons to borrow fishing gear free of charge.

The Aquatic Resources Education Program has provided five libraries in Anne Arundel, Carroll, Frederick and Harford counties with rods and reels, tackle, and fishing books, specifically geared toward children.

this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode when Jerry said that library systems are like the little kid in the neighborhood that just wanted friends...."here, play with my toys for free"!!!..

But, anyway....

littlelady

God bless the USA
As a lawyer for them, I would say it's the State's fault for not putting the laws in Spanish.

Are you being serious, or facetious? If you are a lawyer for Hispanics in America, can you do something about the McDonald’s in Olney? They have a line for people that don’t speak Spanish, so the order can be translated.

In other words, I am sick of the press one for English, and numerous other numerals for other languages. Move to the US and learn English. It is that simple.

And, I will add the local Popeyes to my complaint, as well. Can you fix the lopsidedness of it all? That would be great. Thanks.

I, actually, speak fluent Spanish after living in Cochabamba Bolivia as a child because my father was transferred there for a couple years (my youngest bro actually learned Spanish first, before English) and we were taken to most of Central and South America; plus I had 6 years of Spanish in school. I can talk to any Hispanic I come in contact with, but it is not right that immigrants/legal/illegals that come to America don’t learn English; other nationalities included. Eso es todo. Es genial no ser tenaz. Libertad!! :smile:

Not to mention the far left guy that bows to cartels that Mexico just elected prez. God bless, America.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
And, I will add the local Popeyes to my complaint, as well. Can you fix the lopsidedness of it all? That would be great. Thanks.

If you are talking about the one on GMR, now we have to be eternal enemies. My Mexican brother in there is a ray of perpetual sunshine. I never have a problem making myself understood. And my Spanish is limited to Sailor basic, "Grande Cervaza", and "Bano?" shortly thereafter. I dont care if they speak Spanish behind the counter all day long as long as they keep serving up the hot fresh Popeyes with a cheerful attitude.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Are you being serious, or facetious? If you are a lawyer for Hispanics in America, can you do something about the McDonald’s in Olney? They have a line for people that don’t speak Spanish, so the order can be translated.

In other words, I am sick of the press one for English, and numerous other numerals for other languages. Move to the US and learn English. It is that simple.

:confused: I thought you and the hubs never ate out much?

edinsomd

If you are talking about the one on GMR, now we have to be eternal enemies. My Mexican brother in there is a ray of perpetual sunshine. I never have a problem making myself understood. And my Spanish is limited to Sailor basic, "Grande Cervaza", and "Bano?" shortly thereafter. I dont care if they speak Spanish behind the counter all day long as long as they keep serving up the hot fresh Popeyes with a cheerful attitude.

This! :buddies: Don't go there often, but every time I get a big, friendly greeting and never a problem ordering. No cervaza fria though, dammit.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I'm sure that the one guy there (manager?) is commenting on my ass every time I'm in there, I'm not sure if it's good or bad though.