Scotland invaded by Mexico

black dog

Free America
I beg to differ. It's offensive to speak a foreign language in public, and will likely get your ass beat in many rural areas.

I usually listen to what's being said with those who speed Spanish in public.
If it is or turns derogatory I simply say..

tu madre sigue haciendo ese show de burro en Juárez

And that usually clears it up.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I usually listen to what's being said with those who speed Spanish in public.
If it is or turns derogatory I simply say..

tu madre sigue haciendo ese show de burro en Juárez

And that usually clears it up.

I don't speak Spanish but when I saw "burro" in it I knew what it had to be! :lmao:

GregV814

There's a cute little report about this on THEBaynet... Cutsey l'il Marty Madden suggests the problem is just too many people. Nothing is said about the trash, ramapnt disregard of common decency.. L'il Marty needs to stick to being an on-air little insignificant news "reporter" on a insignificant radio station.

black dog

Free America
I don't speak Spanish but when I saw "burro" in it I knew what it had to be! :lmao:

LOL.. it usually gets silence. And the blank look of oh crap he speaks Spanish..
Or is your mom still smoking large white cigars.. or yelled while sitting in a job site Porta Jon... Where do you beaners keep the controls for your space shuttle?

glhs837

Power with Control
I beg to differ. It's offensive to speak a foreign language in public, and will likely get your ass beat in many rural areas.

And thats some bulls#$% right there. Having been a person speaking a foreign langauge in public in virtually and country I have visited, to think that way is pretty silly. Anyone who gets offended simply becuase someone is speaking a different language is at best ignorant, at worst a rascist ass#$%(.

black dog

Free America
And thats some bulls#$% right there. Having been a person speaking a foreign langauge in public in virtually and country I have visited, to think that way is pretty silly. Anyone who gets offended simply becuase someone is speaking a different language is at best ignorant, at worst a rascist ass#$%(.

It certainly depends on what they are saying, if I hear ignorance in Spanish or German I generally respond with the same. Like I have said, the looks I get are priceless..

Hank

my war

Exactly

glhs837

Power with Control
It certainly depends on what they are saying, if I hear ignorance in Spanish or German I generally respond with the same. Like I have said, the looks I get are priceless..

Not the point. The point is based on just the hearing of that langauge, regardless of content, being offfensive.

glhs837

Power with Control
I bet it would be the point with you if they were discussing the size of your daughters or wife's boobs..

And if I knew it, I would take issue with that, agreed. But just hearing the language spoken between people and it not being directed to you shouldnt be offensive. I supose we need to clarify.

1. I am walking through a park, say Point Lookout. Some folks are at a nearby picnic table, speaking in a language that sounds Spanish. They are not looking at me or my daughter, should I be offended? Nope. Now, they are staring at us, and pointing, and laughing, maybe they are making getures towards the upper chests. Thats rude and most likely offensive, in any language.

2. I'm in Popeyes and while I am speaking the nice lady at the counter who understands me clearly and is herself perfectly understandable, I notice the guy up front speaking Spanish to the guys in the back, apparently not looking at me or referring to me. Offended? Of course not. Now, did the nice young lady turn to the other guy up front and say somethin in Spanish, at which point he looked at me and laughed, or smirked, that would be different.

3. Both of the above assume I do not know the language under discussion. Knowing the language, thats a big change. Then you are not relying on body language and facial expressions. Thats a complelty different scenairo.

Back when I was in high school, a buddy and I both worked a Holiday Inn. I was a busboy in the restaraunt, he was a bellhop. In the fall, the busloads of senior citizen leaf peepers would appear. He would have to unload the whole greyhounds worth of luggage while waiting for them to disembark. He stood there smiling and waving at the nice old ladies. they were in the bus and couldn't hear him of course. What he was saying was not nice, but they never knew that. All they knew was the nice young man was soooooo friendly waving and saying hello. They never took offense.

The point is that things are only an offense if you know someone is acting offensively.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Now, they are staring at us, and pointing, and laughing, maybe they are making getures towards the upper chests. Thats rude and most likely offensive, in any language..

oh shoot...I'm sorry. We had no idea that was you and your family...

littlelady

God bless the USA
If you are talking about the one on GMR, now we have to be eternal enemies. My Mexican brother in there is a ray of perpetual sunshine. I never have a problem making myself understood. And my Spanish is limited to Sailor basic, "Grande Cervaza", and "Bano?" shortly thereafter. I dont care if they speak Spanish behind the counter all day long as long as they keep serving up the hot fresh Popeyes with a cheerful attitude.

I was talking about the Popeyes in Olney. I never set foot in the GMR Popeyes. In fact, I stopped going across the bridge to St. Mary’s years before we moved. If something wasn’t in Calvert, I didn’t need it. I don’t have a problem with people speaking their native language in the US. I have a problem with people not speaking English while serving the public. As in creating a special line for customers that need a translator to place an order.

I will be sad if we are eternal enemies. :smile:

Hank

my war
I was talking about the Popeyes in Olney. I never set foot in the GMR Popeyes. In fact, I stopped going across the bridge to St. Mary’s years before we moved. If something wasn’t in Calvert, I didn’t need it. I don’t have a problem with people speaking their native language in the US. I have a problem with people not speaking English while serving the public. As in creating a special line for customers that need a translator to place an order.

I will be sad if we are eternal enemies. :smile:

Liar... That's not what you said.