Scotland invaded by Mexico

Kinnakeet

There's no reason that they should have to speak English at all times. The fact the someone can speak two languages scares some people who are insecure.
Speak English at all times when in public around AMERICANS who are speaking English learn to speak it before you try and come here or dont come at all!

glhs837

Power with Control
Speak English at all times when in public around AMERICANS who are speaking English learn to speak it before you try and come here or dont come at all!

You are kidding, right? Learn English before you ever come here? Have you ever gone to another country?

Kinnakeet

And thats some bulls#$% right there. Having been a person speaking a foreign langauge in public in virtually and country I have visited, to think that way is pretty silly. Anyone who gets offended simply becuase someone is speaking a different language is at best ignorant, at worst a rascist ass#$%(.
Racist is a made up word that you use when you disagree with someone

Kinnakeet

You are kidding, right? Learn English before you ever come here? Have you ever gone to another country?
No Im not kidding learn it or dont come and dont try and tell me that there is not someone in their country that does not teach English and I try not to travel to other countries when there is to much to see/do in the USA

black dog

Free America

I'm pretty well traveled and almost everywhere I have been a huge amount of folks spoke english it may be the kings english or dirty American english, but is was english.
English is the #3 language in the world.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I try not to travel to other countries ...

There's a lot to see and learn out there. A heck of a lot. And I certainly didn't speak the local language in any of the 30 or so countries I've spent time in..at least not at first. However, I can find a taxi, a bathroom and a beer in many languages now. ;-)

awpitt

Main Streeter
No Im not kidding learn it or dont come and dont try and tell me that there is not someone in their country that does not teach English and I try not to travel to other countries when there is to much to see/do in the USA

That's probably for the best that you "try not to travel to other countries". Based on the attitudes you demonstrate in your comments, you sound like someone who's been pretty isolated most of your life and would be a poor representative of the United States.

awpitt

Main Streeter
There's a lot to see and learn out there. A heck of a lot. And I certainly didn't speak the local language in any of the 30 or so countries I've spent time in..at least not at first. However, I can find a taxi, a bathroom and a beer in many languages now. ;-)

Me too. LOL Those are the important things.

black dog

Free America
That's probably for the best that you "try not to travel to other countries". Based on the attitudes you demonstrate in your comments, you sound like someone who's been pretty isolated most of your life and would be a poor representative of the United States.

Have you ever been to a beer hall in Germany? There couldn't be worst representation from Americans, you can hear them as soon as you walk into the door.

black dog

Free America

You forgot the hookers...

awpitt

Main Streeter
Have you ever been to a beer hall in Germany? There couldn't be worst representation from Americans, you can hear them as soon as you walk into the door.

Oh, I can imagine. Never been to Germany but it's a possibility for me in the near future. I just got back from two weeks in Japan though. Loved it. Very interesting.