SCOTUS Issues

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Clarence Thomas Creates Shockwaves For Stating Next ‘Error’ That Supreme Court Should ‘Correct’

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas suggested in his concurring opinion with the Court’s ruling on Roe v. Wade on Friday that the judicial body should revisit several key rulings that are politically charged.

In his concurring opinion, Thomas wrote that “n future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell.”

“Because any substantive due process decision is ‘demonstrably erroneous,’ […] we have a duty to ‘correct the error’ established in those precedents,” he continued.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

United States Supreme Court Overturns Roe V. Wade; Leaves Abortion Restrictions To States

Roe was egregiously wrong from the start. Its reasoning was exceptionally weak, and the decision has had damaging consequences. And far from bringing about a national settlement of the abortion issue, Roe and Casey have enflamed debate and deepened division,” Alito wrote in his majority opinion, which was strikingly similar to the earlier leaked draft. “It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”

Chief Justice John Roberts, who wrote a concurring opinion in Dobbs v.s. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, a challenge to a Mississippi law greatly restricting the federal right to abortion, said the ruling did not need to go as far as overturning Roe v. Wade.

“The Court’s decision to overrule Roe and Casey is a serious jolt to the legal system—regardless of how you view those cases,” Roberts wrote. “A narrower decision rejecting the misguided viability line would be markedly less unsettling, and nothing more is needed to decide this case.”

PJay

d95b519c940a0b01~2.jpeg

stgislander

PREMO Member
Chief Justice John Roberts, who wrote a concurring opinion in Dobbs v.s. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, a challenge to a Mississippi law greatly restricting the federal right to abortion, said the ruling did not need to go as far as overturning Roe v. Wade.

“The Court’s decision to overrule Roe and Casey is a serious jolt to the legal system—regardless of how you view those cases,” Roberts wrote. “A narrower decision rejecting the misguided viability line would be markedly less unsettling, and nothing more is needed to decide this case.”
There he is! There's the Chief Justice we all know and love! The Great Compromiser John Roberts.

DaSDGuy

Interesting fact that RBG, the liberal SCOTUS goddess, is on record stating she believed Roe v Wade would be overturned because the original ruling was, in her opinion, flawed and had no basis in the Constitution.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That’s what Cameron Kasky did. Kasky, a gun control activist of Never Again MSD and formerly of March for Our Lives, tweeted "Go to the home of every Supreme Court justice who just voted to kill women. Let them know how you feel.” Mr. Kasky, Justice Kavanaugh was the subject of an assassination plot not too long ago. Think before you tweet, dude (via The Blaze):

Parkland shooting survivor Cameron Kasky, was infuriated that those awful Supreme Court justices "just voted to kill women." So he took to Twitter to urge people to go to the homes of said Supreme Court justices to "let them know how you feel."
[…]
Kasky decided to delete his original tweet because he is apparently "sick of republicans talking to [him]."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Blue-check ‘Marxist pig’ says ‘violence is a legitimate and appropriate response to oppression’ in response to the Dobbs SCOTUS ruling

Meet Carlos Maza, a Twitter-verified self-described “Marxist pig” and a “liberal fascist”. . .

. . .who says that “violence is a legitimate and appropriate response to oppression” in response to today’s SCOTUS ruling overturning Roe and President Biden’s plea that the demonstrations stay peaceful.

Note: This tweet has over 45,000 likes:

this is the insufferable little fagot that tried to get Crowder kicked off of YouTube

PJay

Video.. girl #3 made my day... exactly what I want! Stay far away from my State. We do not want or need you here. I hope all you evil nasty witches move out of my State and move to a Blue one.

herb749

Video.. girl #3 made my day... exactly what I want! Stay far away from my State. We do not want or need you here. I hope all you evil nasty witches move out of my State and move to a Blue one.

It seems to be mostly the people in states where you can have all the abortions you want doing all the crying.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Poor Chief Justice Roberts.

He had worked for seven months to persuade his colleagues to join him in merely chipping away at Roe v. Wade, the 1973 decision that established a constitutional right to abortion. But he was outflanked by the five justices to his right, who instead reduced Roe to rubble.

In the process, they humiliated the nominal leader of the court and rejected major elements of his jurisprudence.