SCOTUS Issues

Grumpy

Video.. girl #3 made my day... exactly what I want! Stay far away from my State. We do not want or need you here. I hope all you evil nasty witches move out of my State and move to a Blue one.

Funny stuff...:lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Attorneys Who Won Supreme Court Gun Case Forced To Quit Law Firm

Paul Clement and Erin Murphy, the lawyers who successfully argued against New York’s law restricting conceal-carry gun permits, were told by Kirkland & Ellis they had to stop representing Second Amendment plaintiffs or find another firm. In a Wall Street Journal article, the duo explained how their celebration was cut short.

“Having just secured a landmark decision vindicating our clients’ constitutional Second Amendment rights in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, we were presented with a stark choice—withdraw from representing them or withdraw from the firm,” they wrote. “There was only one choice: We couldn’t abandon our clients simply because their positions are unpopular in some circles.”

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Democrats Argue That Clarence Thomas Should Only Have 3/5 Of A Vote.

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Democrats in D.C. have lashed out at Justice Clarence Thomas following his vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, arguing that he should only get 3/5 of a vote in the Supreme Court.

"This is an illegitimate vote!" shouted AOC to protesters gathered in front of the Supreme Court Building.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 In another miraculous development Monday, New York’s Supreme Court struck down a new ordinance allowing non-citizens to vote in the Big Apple. The law would have added 800,000 new voters to the rolls, allowing resident non-citizens to vote for mayor, public advocate, city council, borough presidents, and school boards.

Justice Ralph Porzio wrote the decision, saying the law directly violated the New York State Constitution. “The New York State Constitution expressly states that CITIZENS meeting the age and residency requirements are entitled to register and vote in elections,” he explained.

The bill allowed non-citizens to register in political parties and vote in local elections as long as they were residents of New York City for at least 30 days and had a green card or a working visa. In other words, temporary foreign residents could vote in NYC elections. Makes sense. Mayor Eric Adams was on board, saying that while the new law might not be legal, green card holders should get the vote, because fairness.

Who cares about trifles like legality and constitutions anyway?

Thank God for the judicial branch. Am I right?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Justice Kagan warns parts of East Coast could be 'swallowed by the ocean' in dissent in EPA case

Kagan said the dangers of rising temperatures and, as a result, devastating environmental effects, including, "Rising waters, scorching heat, and other severe weather conditions [that] could force ‘mass migration events[,] political crises, civil unrest,’ and even state failure.'"

Kagan elaborated that the Earth was "now warmer than any time" in modern history, highlighting the importance of scientific research on carbon dioxide contributing to global warming. She also wrote global warming could be the cause of "4.6 million excess yearly deaths."

She added that the EPA's authority in curbing greenhouse emissions did fall into the parameters set by Congress.

"Section 111 of the Clean Air Act directs EPA to regulate stationary sources of any substance that ‘causes, or contributes significantly to, air pollution’ and that ‘may reasonably be anticipated to endanger public health or welfare,’" she wrote.

Kagan wrote carbon dioxide and other such greenhouse gases did, in fact, categorize as such per the description.

She said regulating fossil fuels constituted one of "the most significant of the entities [the EPA] regulates" and curbing such emissions was a factor in any effective strategy in addressing climate change.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Good Morning America’ Forced To Issue Correction On Supreme Court Tweet After Backlash, Mockery

“Ketanji Brown Jackson is sworn in as the first black Supreme Court justice in U.S. history,” the show tweeted.

The first black Supreme Court justice was Thurgood Marshall, who joined the Court in 1967. The second black Supreme Court justice was Clarence Thomas, who still serves on the Court.

“CORRECTION: Video shows Ketanji Brown Jackson sworn in as the first Black female Supreme Court justice in U.S. history,” the show later said in a separate tweet. “A previous tweet erroneously stated Jackson is the first Black Supreme Court justice.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Axios: Justice Clarence Thomas ‘suggests’ COVID vaccines are made with aborted children; NBC News too; Politico also

As someone suggested in the replies, either Justice Clarence Thomas has changed his pronouns to “they/them” or he’s just reading something presented by the plaintiffs, as Axios reports:

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas suggested Thursday in a dissenting opinion that coronavirus vaccines were developed using “aborted children.”

“They object on religious grounds to all available COVID–19 vaccines because they were developed using cell lines derived from aborted children,” Thomas wrote in his dissent, referring to the plaintiffs that brought the lawsuit.

Referring to the plaintiffs that brought the lawsuit. So there’s nothing here to suggest that’s Thomas’ belief.

Bluecrqbe

Has anyone else seen this great deal Giuliani tweeted yesterday? I got a pair for the whole family, never can have too many sandals!

HemiHauler

Has anyone else seen this great deal Giuliani tweeted yesterday? I got a pair for the whole family, never can have too many sandals!

Ole "leaky hair" Rudy Ghouliani is gonna have to sell lots of cheap slides to pay for the legal bills he's racking up!

Bluecrqbe

So the whole "this is the opposite of fascism thing", you wont touch that?
She should be a republican considering the insanity she spews! I didn’t vote for her!

This argument is just so crazy, some whack job posts something wrong on Twitter then I get told I need to respond to it? What? I didn’t tweet it, I don’t know her, I didn’t vote for her!

We need more than two parties, I voted for Biden because I have TDS

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
She should be a republican considering the insanity she spews! I didn’t vote for her!

This argument is just so crazy, some whack job posts something wrong on Twitter then I get told I need to respond to it?
You need to respond to it. Its what you do.