SCOTUS the threat to Democracy

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just. Wow.

We really are disintegrating as a country..and very fast.
Weeeeelllll? Technically? We're a Nation, or more accurately, a Union of Countries/States. Each Country/State, such as Maryland, being sovereign, each having a State Department, and all that. It's just each State has, more or less, given up their sovereignty by blindly following, or remaining silent, the Federal Government. Though sometimes, States do challenge the Federal's roll. But most times, they are pigs at the money trough doing disservice to their people. Just like our very own Fat Larry.

Hijinx

Exactly/ the reason the States do what the Federals tell them is because they want the money. Seat belts, Helmets. only a couple of laws that got passed when the feds held out the money until they passed.

SamSpade

If I may ...

Weeeeelllll? Technically? We're a Nation, or more accurately, a Union of Countries/States. Each Country/State, such as Maryland, being sovereign, each having a State Department, and all that. It's just each State has, more or less, given up their sovereignty by blindly following, or remaining silent, the Federal Government. Though sometimes, States do challenge the Federal's roll. But most times, they are pigs at the money trough doing disservice to their people. Just like our very own Fat Larry.
And that might be the most disturbing part of the article. That the writer presumes as a given that the federal government SHOULD have constant oversight over every state’s elections. Somehow, thwarting that is considered the demise of democracy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vox is made up of brainless anarchist twits. Reading anything any of those idiots write will attack the part of your brain that determines IQ, which is why I don't do it.

Crap like Vox and MSNBC only happen because of the internet. If it weren't for all those tards finding each other to form a support group we'd never have to hear/see the insipid grunting of any of those so-called journos.

These people have reached event horizon for me. They don't even exist anymore, they are so absurd and moronic.