Scrambled eggs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you like them soft or hard?

One of my ex-husbands wanted them chopped up and cooked to within an inch of their life, so they resembled those yellow plastic BBS we used to have as kids.

I like mine a little softer, but with no "glisten" <--- I gagged a little typing that word.

glhs837

Power with Control
Concur, fluffy better, and easier with butter. Chunks should be no larger than say a thumb :) If you are adding cheese, it waits til the end to get added.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Soft, mixed with a little bit of milk, grated parmesan cheese and freshly cracked pepper, then fried in a little butter.

Part of the fluffiness is whisking the eggs for a minute to incorporate air. The other is how you cook them. Let the pan heat over medium-low heat while you're making the egg mixture. When ready, add butter to the pan to melt, add the eggs, then use a spatula to pull the cooked outer edge towards the center, letting the uncooked eggs flood the cleared area, repeating until no more flooding happens. Then break apart the curds and flip to cook the uncooked tops. When all cooked, immediately remove to the serving plate. Yum! 🍳

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Do you like them soft or hard?

One of my ex-husbands wanted them chopped up and cooked to within an inch of their life, so they resembled those yellow plastic BBS we used to have as kids.

this is how my husband somehow makes them if I ever let him be in charge of breakfast :dead: <--- so, usually never. I learned to stir my eggs with a soft spatula...helps my eggs stay creamier. Imma try adding the cheese in at the end, see if that helps some too. But I usually have like 2-3 other things going on and end up cooking them until they're just done...and that really means I've cooked them too long already as they'll still cook a little once I pull them off the stove.

I always read to cook your eggs in bacon fat, but the few times I've tried, my eggs just taste like crap. I'll stick with buttah.

luvmygdaughters

Light and fluffy is the best. I use a whisk, whole milk and real butter when scrambling mine. Made an omelette last Sunday with spinach, grape tomatoes and feta cheese. It was so yummy!!

Bobwhite

I scramble mine in the pan. Put butter in the pan, heat just until butter bubbles, break egg, let cook until whites are set, then scramble just until the yellow is not running but not cooked to death.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When you have a lot of time on your hands, try this method.

Separate your eggs. Whip the whites to medium peaks. Whip the yolks. Pour the yolks over the beaten whites. GENTLY turn the yolks into the whites. In a hit non stick pan, slowly pour the egg mixture in. If you are capable, give it the wrist flip, otherwise use a spatual to moved the raw egg under the cooked egg. Fill then fold. Grits are optional.

This will be the lightest omelet you will ever eat.

:lol: Last time I posted a recipe that called for separating the yolks from whites, Vrai said it was dumb and a waste of time. I think it was for making a perfect fried egg.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol: Last time I posted a recipe that called for separating the yolks from whites, Vrai said it was dumb and a waste of time. I think it was for making a perfect fried egg.

He's making an omelet - that's different. :razz:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Up until I read comments in this post when it was first started, I would use milk and pepper in my eggs. With all the comments about putting cheese in it, I decided to try it out. Unfortunately, I didn't make enough so that I could have some but they looked really good and I will probably try it again so that I can test it out myself.