scrap metal

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I used to see advertisements all over from people looking to collect free metal scrap from others to cash in but you do not see anyone looking anymore. Thinking the scrap metal prices tanked and did not make it worth while to do anymore. I have an old trampoline and Portable Basketball Hoop to get rid of.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If you break it down enough to transport it, there is a metal recycler on Rt 4 right next door to the Convenience Center. Probably won't get much for it.

For $10, you can take it to the Transfer Station and add it to the pile of metal there, just to get rid of it.

PeoplesElbow

I used to see advertisements all over from people looking to collect free metal scrap from others to cash in but you do not see anyone looking anymore. Thinking the scrap metal prices tanked and did not make it worth while to do anymore. I have an old trampoline and Portable Basketball Hoop to get rid of.
A pickup truck full of steel tubing got me a couple bucks a few years ago. Steel just isn't worth much.

Aluminum brass and copper are the only common metals worth scraping.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
If you break it down enough to transport it, there is a metal recycler on Rt 4 right next door to the Convenience Center. Probably won't get much for it.

For $10, you can take it to the Transfer Station and add it to the pile of metal there, just to get rid of it.
It is the laziness factor. IF I break it down, I will just dispose of it myself and toss in the metal box at the ball road convenience center. No cost.

jrt_ms1995

They still do this, but nowadays you must make an appointment at a date and time of their convenience and bring it to them, along with a box of donuts. :cool:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I brought a small pick-up truck full of scrap metal to the place in Charlotte Hall a couple of weeks ago and got $22

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We had a load last week of 2 complete inboard V8s and about a dozen old aluminum fuel tanks. IDK what it brought, but the boss hates to see it buried in the landfill so he pays 2 guys to drive it to the St. Andrews scrap place.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I wonder if it is the same with the one on 231. I believe they are owned by the same people. I think I will just take it to the Ball Road convenience center and toss in metal box.