Scrapbooking

Khurley

Does anyone have advice on how to attach the Sissix letters to your scrapbook pages? I have been taking the tap and folding it in little strips and putting it on the back of the letters then putting them on the page. It takes forever and they don't seem like they are going to stay on for a long period of time. I don't want to buy one of those Zyron machines - I have so much stuff!

I am going to a crop on Saturday and would love ideas!

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Does anyone have advice on how to attach the Sissix letters to your scrapbook pages? I have been taking the tap and folding it in little strips and putting it on the back of the letters then putting them on the page. It takes forever and they don't seem like they are going to stay on for a long period of time. I don't want to buy one of those Zyron machines - I have so much stuff!

I use the xyron and it works great. How big are your Sizzix letters? They sell a small xyron that's only about $8 and I have that plus I have one that is like 8 x9 inch..

LusbyMom

Here is the link to the Xyron I was talking about:
Joann.com: Online Shopping for Sewing, Scrapbooking, Yarn and Crafts

Khurley

I use the xyron and it works great. How big are your Sizzix letters? They sell a small xyron that's only about $8 and I have that plus I have one that is like 8 x9 inch..

They are just the standard size letters - thanks for the link!

JLS

Sorry but I use the Xyron's or u could try a glue stick depending on how big your letters are.. u don't wanna use a glue stick if they are smaller - too much mess on your hands...

LusbyMom

Can you use photos with the Xyron?

I have and it works just well. I wouldn't bother with a a large picture though. The small X isn't to expensive but the rolls for the larger machine are expensive. But the large machine also does laminate and magnets.

I prefer to use the non permanent rolls. It makes it easier if you need to rub some of it off when you have the letters like A, E etc with centers.

Khurley

I thought the $8 was a typo for $80. I can't believe that they actually make any tool for scrap booking under 10 dollars! I am getting one tonight!!!

Khurley

I went to the crop last night and the Xyron machine was such a help and so easy to use! Thanks for the tip!

kelb

art imitating life
Speaking of scrap booking.. besides ACMORE and other craft stores do you know where there is a store dedicated to only that?

LusbyMom

Speaking of scrap booking.. besides ACMORE and other craft stores do you know where there is a store dedicated to only that?

Their is one in Prince Frederick in the shopping center with Safeway. It's Very expensive.

LusbyMom

Think its just cheaper to go to ACMOORE?

I think it's cheaper to go to ebay :lmao: The thing about the scrabooking store in PF is they sometimes have different things that you won't find elsewhere. I have only been to ACMOORE once.