Seamstress \ Alterations Needed -- Any recommendations?

Hughesville

Hi,
I need to convert dresses into skirts (simple style with an elastic band), but I went to a tailor in Waldorf and they want $25 a dress to add elastic, which is more than I paid for the dress. Any recommendations for a seamstress who does good work at a reasonable price? Anywhere in Charlotte Hall, or nearby? Thanks!

There's ( I think it's still there) a sewing shop on the Hughsville bypass near the Harley dealer. Maybe stop in there and see if they have a recommendation.

ms23699

Fit 4 U Alterations & Tailoring
  • 21690 Great Mills Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653
  • Phone: (301) 862-5757
We have used her for over 10 years, she does great work

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

With, all, your, recommendations, over, the, years. You, must, be, the, Greatest, Mr., Handy, Man, on, everything.

Sometimes, people, are, capable, of, doing, things, on, their, own,but, the, other, times, they, would, rather, pay, somebody, to, take, care, of, it.
Well, now that you mention it. But really. I only make these type of suggestions because we as a people are losing so much of the working knowledge that got us to this point in the first place. Mostly by buying cheaply made crap from other countries. We, as a Nation, have gotten so lazy. And I do have a breath of knowledge, I make it a point to, covering many subjects relating to fixing or repairing things by reading a lot, or just figuring out how the thing that needs fixing works. And I do always attempt to fix or repair most everything myself first before acquiring another like. But to each their own I guess.