Sean Taylor suspect sentenced to life behind bars

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Glad this POS is off the street.

"It doesn't matter whether they planned to kill him (Taylor) or intended to kill him, he died as a result of that burglary and they are all responsible for it," Rubin told the 12-person jury in closing arguments. "At the center of it all was Jason Mitchell."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...skins-safety-the-u-jason-mitchell-eric-rivera

jason-mitchell.jpg

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Read the article this morning in our local rag. Punk dude was 17 or 18 when he "organized" the innocent, mischievous event. He should be made to suffer the same fate as Taylor, along with the shooter, who actually received a lesser sentence of just 57 years, and the rest of their youthful, fun loving accomplices.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
7 phucking years, why does it take so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!! Our system suxs.........................

I was gonna comment on that.

That's unconscionable.

What's even more unconscionable is that Mr. Taylor had to try to defend himself, his girlfriend, and their young daughter - in his own home, from a group of intruders armed with at least one gun - with a ####ing machete - a machete rather than, say, a shotgun with which he might have scared the whole lot of them off with a single blast. What would have happened had he had a firearm? Who knows, maybe things would have gone even worse. But that was his (and their) choice to make and at least he might have had a fighting chance to defend his ####ing home and family.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What's even more unconscionable is that Mr. Taylor had to try to defend himself, his girlfriend, and their young daughter - in his own home, from a group of intruders armed with at least one gun - with a ####ing machete - a machete rather than, say, a shotgun with which he might have scared the whole lot of them off with a single blast. What would have happened had he had a firearm? Who knows, maybe things would have gone even worse. But that was his (and their) choice to make and at least he might have had a fighting chance to defend his ####ing home and family.

The history of this is that Taylor brandished a firearm at some guys that stole some of his property. He was facing jail time and, I suppose, bargained down to probation which included surrendering all his firearms. THAT is madness. I don't care WHO you are, you should, at the very least, have your second amendment rights at home. Worse yet, Florida is fairly Constitution friendly when it comes to the second amendment.

Just a bad scene.

The history of this is that Taylor brandished a firearm at some guys that stole some of his property. He was facing jail time and, I suppose, bargained down to probation which included surrendering all his firearms. THAT is madness. I don't care WHO you are, you should, at the very least, have your second amendment rights at home. Worse yet, Florida is fairly Constitution friendly when it comes to the second amendment.

Just a bad scene.

Yeah, I'm somewhat familiar with his history in that regard. There are a number of aspects of that situation that are exemplars of general things that are wrong with our justice system.

But, IIRC, the reason he couldn't or didn't have firearms wasn't#that he was on probation. I think it was that, because of the plea deal he accepted, he now had a couple of misdemeanor convictions on his record. And those kinds of misdemeanors meant that he was prohibited by federal law (and perhaps Florida law, I don't know on that point) from possessing a firearm. Further, others that he lived with probably couldn't (or rather, shouldn't - as in, shouldn't take the risk) possess a firearm either out of fear of constructive possession notions - which represent another problematic aspect of our justice system. Someone can correct me if I'm recalling the situation incorrectly.

Anyway, yeah, there's plenty of hor####-ed-ness regarding that situation.