Searching For Fires Topaz

chicamuxen

I haven't posted here before, just done some lurking. But now I need to reach Southern MD horse people with a friend's request.

I'm trying to help a good friend find a mare that she sold in 2005. She has worried about her and regrets selling her. Any info about this mare would be appreciated. I live in Southern MD which is the area that the mare was moved to. I believe that the purchaser's are/were members of Southern MD Trail Riders. If you know the people who bought Fire or the name of a farm who's owner fits the description below please let us know. You can email me directly or contact Becky who's info is at the bottom of this post.

Bonnie Snodgrass

Looking for Fires Topaz, a small bay Arabian mare w/ blaze that only goes
halfway down her face and then stops. 15 years old now, She is a cribber
and usually seen with her "miracle collar" on while turned out, Stands almost 14.2, and has much scarring from being in a trailer accident. Large scarred area on left lower shoulder that tends to sweat, white spot on left side of neck, dimple on right side where she had a hole that healed up, large scar on her left buttock right beside tail.

Fire was sold in 2005 to a lady living in Southern Maryland for her 12 year
old daughter to ride. Fire was boarded at a stable in Southern Maryland, run by a lady and her teenaged daughter who both owned Arabians, and Fire was also being ridden by the boarding stable owner's son. All these people told me they participated in some trail riding group nearby that put on some type of organized trail rides. I wish I could find some of the information on these people but I am unable to.

I would really appreciate any help finding this horse. She is easy to
recognize and I know someone has seen this horse riding on trails around Southern Maryland. Please help Fire get back home or at least let me know she is OK.

Please call or email Becky at (703) 855-3966 or spiritwoodfarm@hughes.net

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Fires Topaz AKA Amira is with me at my farm. This is where she has been since she was purchased. She is a true delight and the apple of her little owners eye. The owner is also a forum poster and I will contact her as to this inquirey.

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
Fire (amira) Is wonderful here is a pic of her

Attachments

• Picture 337.jpg
    Picture 337.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 157

chicamuxen

I am so tickled that she is loved and well cared for! Becky will be too. She felt so guilty about selling her and will be glad to know that she is doing well. Her youngest daughter overcame her fear of riding on this sweet mare. I know she would love to email the owner to say hello. Please forward Becky's email address on. And thanks!

Bonnie

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
I am so tickled that she is loved and well cared for! Becky will be too. She felt so guilty about selling her and will be glad to know that she is doing well. Her youngest daughter overcame her fear of riding on this sweet mare. I know she would love to email the owner to say hello. Please forward Becky's email address on. And thanks!

Bonnie

I already spok with her and she said that is was wonderful to hear that she is loved and taken care of... ~Z~

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
wow! Congratulations..That was easy! I wish I could find my old pony from way back when...
He is rumored to be in the Annapolis area. Got to be in his 30's if he's still alive.
I posted on COTH and never got a bite. :frown:

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
wow! Congratulations..That was easy! I wish I could find my old pony from way back when...
He is rumored to be in the Annapolis area. Got to be in his 30's if he's still alive.
I posted on COTH and never got a bite. :frown:

Awwwwwwww thats soooo sad i feal the same way i had a palimeno QH cross and he was 3 and he was my first pony and he took off through a it was almos like a bomb fire pit and i was english and it whiped me right off. he was a good 3 year old.:bawl::bawl: when you where in the ring.:lmao: but he tried to KILL tc when she was taking him out of the stall... my first pony was INTERSTING.

Last edited:

IntegritysDream

i wish i could somehow find out where my pony came from... i am intouch with the ppl i bought him from, but they dont remember who they bought him from... but at some point he was from VA, id just like to see what breed he really is and who his mom and dad are and what they did.

IntegritysDream

i know hes a quarter cross... well the ppl i bought him from were pretty sure, and hes stocky like one.. but who knows.. hes my mutt. but he has a body like a quarter, but the face of a welsh if that makes any since, but when he gets excited he acts like a arab, but thats any horse. so we guessed quarter/welsh X, who knows he might just be a quarter pony or something. id just like to know and i know he prob didnt come from anything that great when it comes to who his parents are, but you never know and it could help if i knew for if i sell him in a couple years like before college so i can get a horse to take to college with me and train; it could help me with pricing. what i was told was he was a 6000$ pony from va when he was young. (hes 9 now) but then left in a feild to sit, so the lady i bought him from bought him with intentions of leasing him out, but the leaser had 3 kids and couldnt ride him much so shes stopped leasing him so now i have him. i was going to try to trace him back through owners, but the lady i got him from doesnt remeber the name of the ppl she got him from. so that ended my thought.

Last edited:

IntegritysDream

that is very true!
no one can believe i bought him for 1000$, hes a nice pony, just needs a lot of work/retraining... hes coming around though! thanxs to wonderful instruction by sadie and the few other people ive been lessoning with.