Searching for problems again, unpopular opinion to follow:

limblips

PREMO Member

Apparently the hours of mandatory classroom and CBT training, EEO lectures, ethics training, and other equality programs in place since the 70's have made no difference to racism in the military.
I don't deny that racial incidents do occur but not systemically and when they do occur they are aggressively handled at the command level. If the accuser isn't satisfied there are procedures to further elevate the problem.
IMO this is a reaction to the "everything is racist if I want it to be" rhetoric currently being thrown about. When cosmetic companies are removing the words lightening or whitening from their products because of racist connotations the Navy needs to understand they cannot possibly keep up with the maddening evolution of perceived racism and the rabid pursuit of finding the next racist term.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I often find that the unpopular opinion is the correct one.

We corrected decades ago, and now we're just overcorrecting. Racism has made a comeback because the Left, who controls the media and so many of our institutions, hates Donald Trump. The narrative is that he ushered in this "new" rampant racial hatred, which is completely manufactured by the Left. Trump's big crime is that he's exposing their greed and corruption, and now Barr is going after them, which is why we have coronavirus and riots to distract us.

PeoplesElbow

I often find that the unpopular opinion is the correct one.

We corrected decades ago, and now we're just overcorrecting. Racism has made a comeback because the Left, who controls the media and so many of our institutions, hates Donald Trump. The narrative is that he ushered in this "new" rampant racial hatred, which is completely manufactured by the Left. Trump's big crime is that he's exposing their greed and corruption, and now Barr is going after them, which is why we have coronavirus and riots to distract us.
I can't understand the smart people I know that keep saying he is a racist but can't explain why they think so.

I have one friend that atleast offered an explination. He said it was because he has a friend that is Iranian but has lived here for 25 years, his mother that lived in France died and he couldn't attend the funeral because he wouldn't be allowed back in the US. I asked why he didnt become a cutizen, he told me it was because he kept getting the run around, I explained that Trump had only been president for a year at that point. I tried to explain then it was as much Clinton, Bush and Obama's fault then, but he wasn't having it.

My personal belief is that we should not have foreign nationals of enemy countries living here at all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My personal belief is that we should not have foreign nationals of enemy countries living here at all.

My belief is simple: get legal or get out. I like our melting pot and I like it that Americans look like the world, with blended cultures that give us a wider worldview.

Your friend said his Iranian friend kept getting the runaround, yet 3/4s of a million immigrants manage to become naturalized citizens every single year. So that's bullshit.

A good friend from high school came to the US from Iran in the late 70s, escaping the Ayatollah. Today he is the epitome of an American, and loves this country more than you or I. I remember asking him back then if he missed Iran, and he said "**** no." I asked him recently if he ever wanted to go back for a visit, and his answer was the same - "**** no." :lol:

If an American went to live in some other country and did nothing but bitch about how much better it was back home, he would be called an "ugly American" and roundly criticized. Yet we applaud foreign nationals who come here to live, and then bitch about it incessantly. I'm guessing it's because the elites in this country - celebrities, the news media, Democrat politicians, the ones with the biggest microphones - hate America and encourage others to hate it as well.

It's the same concept as to why people hate Tom Brady and Serena Williams for no apparent reason: humans hate exceptionalism because it makes them feel inferior.

PeoplesElbow

I had a friend in college that immigrated from Iran for the same reason, he became quite a redneck chewed tobacco, rode horses, played banjo, went deer hunting, kinda weird from a guy named Booty.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Cool Lets Send All the Chinese Students BACK HOME .....

as far as the Iranian Fella ...

I worked with a Persian* Guy ... who had no Problem in 2000 traveling back and forth from the US to Iran, he just had to go through Paris to get to Tehran

He never mentioned mentioned any US Customs problems having Iranian Stamps in his Passport

*[ I only once made the mistake of referring to him as Iranian when he said he was flying to Tehran for the Holidays Ibrahim was VERY adamant he was PERSIAN Not Iranian]

itsbob

I bowl overhand
young female soldier gets killed at an Army base, the Army's response? The day her body is discovered they send a team to investigate the bases Sexual Harassment policies and training... WTF?? Anybody that sat through any of this training, would you say it changed anything? Last training I sat through I felt it made it 1O times worse, making female soldiers and sailors out to be weak, helpless, unwilling and unable to help themselves. Quite the opposite of how I thought females in general should be represented, let alone females in the military that are supposed to be fellow warriors.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
young female soldier gets killed at an Army base, the Army's response? The day her body is discovered they send a team to investigate the bases Sexual Harassment policies and training... WTF?? Anybody that sat through any of this training, would you say it changed anything? Last training I sat through I felt it made it 1O times worse, making female soldiers and sailors out to be weak, helpless, unwilling and unable to help themselves. Quite the opposite of how I thought females in general should be represented, let alone females in the military that are supposed to be fellow warriors.
The dead soldier was being sexually harassed at work. This is according to her parents. It appears that possibly her harasser caused her death. When the Army went looking for the harasser, he shot himself. Probably her command didn't take her accusation seriously enough.

Then you had a sailor that had over a dozen sexual harassment accusations against other sailors. What are the odds of that?

BOP

Cool Lets Send All the Chinese Students BACK HOME .....

as far as the Iranian Fella ...

I worked with a Persian* Guy ... who had no Problem in 2000 traveling back and forth from the US to Iran, he just had to go through Paris to get to Tehran

He never mentioned mentioned any US Customs problems having Iranian Stamps in his Passport

*[ I only once made the mistake of referring to him as Iranian when he said he was flying to Tehran for the Holidays Ibrahim was VERY adamant he was PERSIAN Not Iranian]
I worked for a guy out in California like that.