Sears

Gonna miss them terribly if they go belly up and take the parts department with them.

Kenmore clothes washer was leaking. Pulled it out, removed the covers, turned on the water. Turns out it was one of the inlet valves. Get the model #, hit Sears Parts, found the part, had it ordered in 15 min from taking the covers off. It will be here Friday.

Now if I could just fix the badly damaged tile floor that easily. Apparently been leaking for a while.

Gonna miss them terribly if they go belly up and take the parts department with them.

Kenmore clothes washer was leaking. Pulled it out, removed the covers, turned on the water. Turns out it was one of the inlet valves. Get the model #, hit Sears Parts, found the part, had it ordered in 15 min from taking the covers off. It will be here Friday.

Now if I could just fix the badly damaged tile floor that easily. Apparently been leaking for a while.
I'm pretty sure if you promise PJ some roast beast he'll swing by and fix your floor.

limblips

PREMO Member
Repairclinic.com, appliancepartspros.com and a few others are good parts sources.
I usually go to one of them to find the OEM part number and then go to Amazon and search for it. If it is on Amazon I order it. If not I will go back to the original site and order it. Repairclinic has parts for more than just appliances.

Repairclinic.com, appliancepartspros.com and a few others are good parts sources.
I usually go to one of them to find the OEM part number and then go to Amazon and search for it. If it is on Amazon I order it. If not I will go back to the original site and order it. Repairclinic has parts for more than just appliances.
Yeah, that works too. Just a few more steps and research. With the Sears site, you get in, find the right part immediately and order it in a few minutes. And from past experience, you take your chances ordering from Amazon. It says "OEM" and the right part number, but you never know if you're getting a knockoff. Higher failure rate and return issues. I'm willing to pay a few cents more to get a known replacement part.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wish I could remember who I use for parts.. They list parts by appliance brand and part number and most times are accompanied with YouTube videos on how to install them..

However, this now creates a new task: the water damaged the floor tiles, baseboard and bottom of the wall. When the weather gets better, the wash room gets a total remake; new hard tile floor instead of the press&peel, rip down the cheapo paneling, build a new 2x4 wall, new plumbing and electrics, insulate, sheetrock, move the back wall out about 3 feet into the garage, new door, new slop sink....

Like I don't have enough to do...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Almost all the catalog companies I remember growing up will soon be gone.

J.C. Penny might be the only one left.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I went to the Waldorf one to check out the liquidations sales. I looked at a digital torque wrench with a red sticker of $139 and they had signs saying 20% off = $111. Googled the item number and Lowes, Walmart, and the BX had them for $99. I checked out a few more tools and my friend checked the clothes with similar results. I might go back right before the doors close.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I didni't go to Sears, but my old Kenmore dryer went on the fritz Saturday. No heat at all. It's had a couple of parts replacements over the 10 yrs I've been here. I went to put in a claim on my home warranty, which I renew each year for this reason. I got a message pop up on my sceen about a $100 rebate if I buy a new one. (Plus, my service fee of $75. + the cost of any parts) It's at least 15 years old, so I went into my "unplanned purchase fund" and looked up dryers on Lowes. They had a sale of about $150 off on a nice Maytag model, so I figured that was a good deal. $30 more they took the old one away, too. (free delivery)