Sebaceous Cysts...

Roman

Subaceous Cyst

I've never had them, but they can get painful, and at times..need surgical intervention. I think they arise from a blocked oil gland in the skin.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ouch.

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 119
Had them, yes! Can be painful, but more bothersome for me. The bothersome ones were at the base of my head at my hairline and/or behind the earlobe. The painful ones were in a more sensitive area. Little sack type thing, under the skin, that fills with nasties, and can sometimes put off an odor that you can smell as well as others around you :barf:. Sometimes you can get them to open up themselves with hot compresses...but they are generally very tough skinned (sp?). The last one I had, I had the doctor remove, because they have a 'root' and keep coming back if it is not removed completely. Fairly painless and done in the office. Hope you get it resolved soon.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Had them, yes! Can be painful, but more bothersome for me. The bothersome ones were at the base of my head at my hairline and/or behind the earlobe. The painful ones were in a more sensitive area. Little sack type thing, under the skin, that fills with nasties, and can sometimes put off an odor that you can smell as well as others around you :barf:. Sometimes you can get them to open up themselves with hot compresses...but they are generally very tough skinned (sp?). The last one I had, I had the doctor remove, because they have a 'root' and keep coming back if it is not removed completely. Fairly painless and done in the office. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Smell and roots? I don't think we're talking about the same things.

DosGattos

My brother has had a few. Yes they do smell and yes they keep coming back!! They smell like something rotten. If you do get one take care of it right away because it will only get bigger! I know several people that get them have acne prone skin.