'Secret' voters favored Trump over Clinton 2 to 1

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WASHINGTON — Some supporters of Donald Trump proudly tout their loyalty with “Make America Great Again” T-shirts and hats, taking delight in the irritation they may cause critics of the president. There’s even a thriving market for Trump tattoos, which take that provocation to an entirely new — not to mention permanent — level.

But some who voted for Trump kept quiet about casting their vote for him in the 2016 election, fearing condemnation from friends, family and co-workers. A new study finds that “secret” Trump voters were twice as common as “secret” voters for Hillary Clinton. In fact, more than half of all secret voters were Trump supporters.

https://news.yahoo.com/secret-voters-favored-trump-over-clinton-two-to-one-090000746.html

Hijinx

I never kept my vote for Trump a secret, but I can certainly understand why people who voted for Hillary wanted to keep it a secret.
It's tantamount to saying they were voting for corruption and criminal activities.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I stopped advertising my support for any particular candidate after someone peeled my "Don Purdy for Sheriff" bumper sticker off the rear window of my truck. I'll only voice my support of our president when talking with someone who has already revealed that they are like minded. I'd love to sport a MAGA bumper sticker, but the antis aren't known for the control of their emotions, intelligence, or lawfulness. I don't want to be an unwitting participant in the knock out game.

Auntie Biache'

I stopped advertising my support for any particular candidate after someone peeled my "Don Purdy for Sheriff" bumper sticker off the rear window of my truck. I'll only voice my support of our president when talking with someone who has already revealed that they are like minded. I'd love to sport a MAGA bumper sticker, but the antis aren't known for the control of their emotions, intelligence, or lawfulness. I don't want to be an unwitting participant in the knock out game.

I've never been one to advertise my political leaning. Even before I thought it would get my car keyed.

Reactions: BOP

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I learned quickly. That's exactly why I'm conservative. No conservatives I know would resort to such uncivilized behavior.
:yay:

SamSpade

I learned quickly. That's exactly why I'm conservative. No conservatives I know would resort to such uncivilized behavior.
:yay:

Same here. I can't imagine why someone would antagonize someone for who they support, and I don't care if it's an outright Nazi.
I used to know a guy who was a major fan of Lyndon LaRouche, who makes every conspiracy nut you know pale in comparison.
I thought he was crazy - and he probably was - but the worst I ever did was chuckle, and not to his face.

But I've BEEN antagonized - at work even - and had people follow me back to my desk to give me crap. And then later, drop
me articles or emails about how wrong I was. It didn't even approach persuasion - I mean, if they used the same tactic to sell me
COOKIES I'd refuse just on general principles.

Sapidus

Don’t you think there is something wrong with your candidate that by a margin of 2-1 people are ashamed to admit they voted for him?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Don’t you think there is something wrong with your candidate that by a margin of 2-1 people are ashamed to admit they voted for him?

yeah because that is reason .......

no we don't want to have to shoot some ANTIFA nut job in the living room that shows up to rant and rave about Nazi Trump Supporters

Sapidus

yeah because that is reason .......

no we don't want to have to shoot some ANTIFA nut job in the living room that shows up to rant and rave about Nazi Trump Supporters

How many recent attack’s or shooting or hate crimes have mentioned Trump.

More than 35. Antifa? Maybe 1

Nice try. Vote for someone shameful expect to be shamed

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
How many recent attack’s or shooting or hate crimes have mentioned Trump.

Aunt Teefa? In the hundreds at least. Every place they go they attack someone and they are driven by hate.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Liar

there have been 5 attacks on Federal Faculties since AOC called detention centers concentration camps

Nice Straw Man, Very Fascist of you, nice to know you make such sound moral determinations .... it it ok to harass someone because you do not like who they voted for

Protestors have been harassing Administration Officials, News Media and Average Citizens since Trump was elected

SamSpade

There's a gulf of difference between being afraid to admit support for Trump - and being quiet about supporting him - which frankly doesn't even make sense. Why would anyone be ASHAMED of supporting someone? When you're ashamed of someone, you stop supporting them.

No - THIS is the reason -

https://dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/this-list-of-attacks-against-conservatives-is-mind-blowing/
https://www.attacksontrumpsupporters.com/

The reason they are quiet - is the crazies on the left. They don't want to get beat up, shot at, bullied, threatened, booed, spit on, have stuff thrown at them and so forth.

What I DON'T get - is this supposed to PERSUADE them? As in, you've attacked me, threatened my family, destroyed my property and made my life a living hell - I guess the enlightened thing to do would be to be JUST LIKE YOU, then. I mean, isn't that how you get the girl to go to prom with you? Terrorize her until she agrees?

That's not how people are, and it sure isn't what conservatives are like. You might be able to frighten a flock of sheep - but what you're doing is smacking a wasp's nest. You don't make wasps afraid, you make them mad.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The reason they are quiet - is the crazies on the left. They don't want to get beat up, shot at, bullied, threatened, booed, spit on, have stuff thrown at them and so forth.

yeah I've been trying to make that point, sappy is conveniently IGNORING saying we are ashamed of voting for Trump

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I don't know about the secret voters, but the ones who put up yard signs for Trump outdid the Hillary supporters by better than 100 to 1 from what I saw.

Sapidus

There's a gulf of difference between being afraid to admit support for Trump - and being quiet about supporting him - which frankly doesn't even make sense. Why would anyone be ASHAMED of supporting someone? When you're ashamed of someone, you stop supporting them.

No - THIS is the reason -

https://dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/this-list-of-attacks-against-conservatives-is-mind-blowing/
https://www.attacksontrumpsupporters.com/

What I DON'T get - is this supposed to PERSUADE them? As in, you've attacked me, threatened my family, destroyed my property and made my life a living hell - I guess the enlightened thing to do would be to be JUST LIKE YOU, then. I mean, isn't that how you get the girl to go to prom with you? Terrorize her until she agrees?

That's not how people are, and it sure isn't what conservatives are like. You might be able to frighten a flock of sheep - but what you're doing is smacking a wasp's nest. You don't make wasps afraid, you make them mad.

Sure. There have been 36 attack’s in the last two years that mention Trump by name. That’s enough to be ashamed of

Hijinx

I don't much care who knows who I support.
I don't believe St. Mary's County is over supplied with Antifa goons,
And where I live it would be a terrible mistake for them to attack around here.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A yard sign is one thing. It stays in your yard. A bumper sticker or clothing travels with you wherever you go. Mentally unstable people (progressives) can be anywhere and aren't known for controlling their impulses like civilized people do.

I think being a conservative in MD is enough reason to be granted a CCW. Then again, it's better to be a prepared "criminal" than to be an unprepared statistic. Eventually you get out of jail, you never get out of the grave.