Secretary Mnuchin’s response to Chairman Neal’s letter requesting President Trump’s tax returns

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MSM is after it because the Mueller report looks like it's going to be a dud.

But what would they hope to find that state and federal tax agencies missed?

I have to believe that Hillary's team went over everything possible to see if there was anything on Trump they could use. The media and politicians are trying to make me believe that not only are the state and federal tax agencies incompetent, but every single person trying to get Hillary Clinton elected President was also incompetent.

Are the Democrats just being nosy, or do they honestly believe there is something illegal in Trump's taxes that nobody caught?

Hijinx

But what would they hope to find that state and federal tax agencies missed?

I have to believe that Hillary's team went over everything possible to see if there was anything on Trump they could use. The media and politicians are trying to make me believe that not only are the state and federal tax agencies incompetent, but every single person trying to get Hillary Clinton elected President was also incompetent.

Are the Democrats just being nosy, or do they honestly believe there is something illegal in Trump's taxes that nobody caught?
They are looking for anything they can use against the President, no matter how unlikely or small.It's another fishing expedition.
And if they don't get what they want they will claim it is because there is something there.

Geez it isn't hard to figure out what this is all about.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I find it hard to believe that a man continually under audit from the IRS - a situation not unusual for a man in his position - it's strange to make the accusation that he is a tax cheat. Because if he is, the IRS has somehow shirked its duties and let him slide for decades.

The common thread in all of this is, of course, deranged Democrats. Convinced the Mueller Report would fulfill their dream of evicting an otherwise lawfully elected President - their hopes were dashed when it revealed no such thing. So what do they do? Charge Barr with carrying water for Trump and the whole investigation is suspect and they need to see unredacted report. Because, you see, he MUST be a criminal - they are convinced that he must be, even with no evidence.

So - why would they go after his tax returns? Either they're idiots and presume THEY can find evidence of criminality where the IRS could not, or - if there's a scintilla of intelligence there - they hope to embarrass him with nuggets they can dig up. It's why after two years of Mueller not finding anything, they STILL want more investigations, because they're delusional and frantic to find something - because dammit, it MUST BE THERE! SOMEWHERE!

I can only hope the American public is just fed up with them. They need to do their job, and it's no longer finding a Russian puppet. That has been played out.
It's not really that they expect to find anything at this point, if they do it's going to be something embarrassing rather than illegal, it's that they want to be able to force him to do something that he doesn't want to do.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It's not really that they expect to find anything at this point, if they do it's going to be something embarrassing rather than illegal, it's that they want to be able to force him to do something that he doesn't want to do.
:yeahthat:

Like little children. "Nanny nanny boo boo!" Anybody who wants to view his tax records are losers doing it for personal reasons and should find something more productive to spend their time on. It's hard to accept that our country and it's politicians have devolved to this level just because they didn't get their way. I pray to God that they never have anything important cross their desks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is how these things go:

OMG Trump is a monster! He did this thing! Everybody, bust some chit up! The Republicans are going to kill us ALL!!!!! :jameo:
(Democrats bust chit up and keen in the streets, DEMAND that Trump be removed from office and all Republicans executed)
(Thing turns out to be a hoax)
(The media stops talking about it)
(One day later: )
OMG Trump is a monster! He did this other thing! Everybody, bust some chit up! The Republicans are going to kill us ALL!!!!! :jameo:
(Repeat)

This_person

To be honest, I don't know. None of us have heard what state and federal agencies have found or missed.

It is probably a little bit of both.
Did you get your curiosity quenched with the multiple links to his financial statements? Do you see the futility and dishonesty in seeking the tax returns?