See, I take issue with some of these and here's why:

black dog

Free America
Many IN Maryland don't realize it exists. :lol: Very much an Eastern Shore thing but gaining more widespread popularity. Same thing as Berger Cookies, but more of a Baltimore thing. I bought some locally a couple of years ago, but really don't see what the fuss is. Berger Cookies: Fresh Baked Dessets & Cookies Baltimore, MD

I've seen it served as dessert in some restaurants around here, like The Lighthouse Inn. Had a dynamite version served at The Bugeye Grill, too.

You can also order them direct from the bakery for delivery. Smith Island Baking Company (smithislandcake.com)

Im a Berger fan, They are still sold in High's stores in Maryland since I was a kid. Years back they were sold in the High's stores in Penn, Va, WV, DC and Delaware.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Im a Berger fan, They are still sold in High's stores in Maryland since I was a kid. Years back they were sold in the High's stores in Penn, Va, WV, DC and Delaware.
I haven't seen a Highs Dairy Store since the late 90s.

They must all be up north by Baltimore.

I miss their Ice Cream.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
There used to be several down here, but they seemed to have all gone the way of the dinosaur. Nearest now is up in Deale and many still in the Baltimore/Annapolis area.

I have never heard of these.
I hadn't until I saw something about them being an iconic cookie in Maryland, then noticed them being sold at Food Lion. Tried one and it was very sweet. Not a fan.

black dog

Free America
There used to be several down here, but they seemed to have all gone the way of the dinosaur. Nearest now is up in Deale and many still in the Baltimore/Annapolis area.

I hadn't until I saw something about them being an iconic cookie in Maryland, then noticed them being sold at Food Lion. Tried one and it was very sweet. Not a fan.

Yep. The next one would be in Edgewater on 214.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
High's was always dirty and ghetto, at least in the later years. I'm a Sheetz girl when I'm in the area. But honestly, if you all saw a Buc-ees you'd tantrum with jealousy and wonder what bad thing you did that your overlords won't let you have nice things.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
High's was always dirty and ghetto, at least in the later years. I'm a Sheetz girl when I'm in the area. But honestly, if you all saw a Buc-ees you'd tantrum with jealousy and wonder what bad thing you did that your overlords won't let you have nice things.
Where I grew up in Hyattsville, it was exactly the opposite.

The Highs was clean, well stocked, staffed etc. and the 7-11 was the downgrade. ( Back when 7-11 was the actual hours of operation )

black dog

Free America
I have been to Texas more than once.
I don't recall any Sheetz in Maryland while I was growing up. 7-11's and Highs.
I frequented the Highs in Walkersville for decades in my youth as it was about all there was in town when I spent time on my familys farm down Old Daysville rd.
It was always clean and kept up. Just like the one on 214.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have been to Texas more than once.
I don't recall any Sheetz in Maryland while I was growing up. 7-11's and Highs.
I frequented the Highs in Walkersville for decades in my youth as it was about all there was in town when I spent time on my familys farm down Old Daysville rd.
It was always clean and kept up. Just like the one on 214.

Lotsa places in MD that were nice back in the day but now they're ghetto shitholes.