Seeds Sprouting

Had to do something 'spring', so I started some tomato seeds. About 2 weeks ago, I put some seeds in a glass of water. After a week or so, they begin to grow legs. I pick the fastest growing and healthiest sprouts and transfer them to peat pots. This morning, they are breaking the top of the soil.

Had some Russian Iris seeds from a friend in NY that were a few years old, kept in the fridge. Put them in a glass of water a few days ago to see if I could get them to germinate the same way as my tomato seeds.

Anyone else have seeds started?

I found a few years ago that if I take the seeds out of a fresh cut tomato and throw them in water, they germinate. So when I was having lunch, I cut saved the seeds from a Campari tomato and did that. After they started germinating, I planted what I wanted and tossed the rest of the seeds in one more peat pot. Looks more like grass seed sprouting. This is all just from one small cocktail tomato.

Auntie Biache'

We have wild violets all over our yard. Instead of mowing them down this year, I'm digging them up and putting them in the beds for ground cover.

Attachments

• violet 1.jpg
    violet 1.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 208
  • violet 2.jpg
    violet 2.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 243