Seeking builder/remodeler

DarbyOhara

Musician
Hi. I am planning a very large room extension on my present home and I am seeking any good recommendations or which companies to stay away from. Also why would be of help.

I did see the other post about home builders, but this is not related. I already have my home home in Lex Park and I want to have a very large room (perhaps 2 story) built on as an extension. Also, I only want the basics (foundation, electrical and plaumbing, frame/walls and roof completed). I want to complete the inside myself. Sorta like having an unfinished basement to work on, flooring, partitioning, etc.

Reading the other posts it sounds like there are alot of horror stories with some of these local builders. I am trying to stay away from the big companies because they focus mainly on certain areas (sub divisions) and most don't do what I am wanting.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I would like to know why you recommend or not-recommend someone or a company. Thanks all....

(p.s. been awhile since I been on here and I recognize a few nics....)

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Try Chris Kohut-he lives on Nancy lane in Great mills. He added on to our split foyer when we lived down the street from him. He flattened the roof over the garage and extended our master bedroom out. Excellent Job!! Price was very reasonable also. (my son Rik is working for him this summer also!) Tell him I sent you to him!

unixpirate

Pitty Party
good recommendations or which companies to stay away from. Also why would be of help.

Try David Johnson who works for Chris Clarke..

David is awesome. Doing my patio right now.

David's number.. 301-373-2295

DarbyOhara

Musician
thanks

Originally posted by Suz'
Try Chris Kohut-he lives on Nancy lane in Great mills. He added on to our split foyer when we lived down the street from him. He flattened the roof over the garage and extended our master bedroom out. Excellent Job!! Price was very reasonable also. (my son Rik is working for him this summer also!) Tell him I sent you to him!

Hi Suz... thanks for responding. Since your son works with him, do you know if he is booked up for this summer? This is gonna take a foundation (a few trees removed and then leveled), etc etc. Although I am not in a hurry, it would be nice to at least have the basics completed before winter. Thanks again...

DarbyOhara

Musician
Re: good recommendations or which companies to stay away from. Also why would be of help.

Originally posted by unixpirate
Try David Johnson who works for Chris Clarke..

David is awesome. Doing my patio right now.

David's number.. 301-373-2295

Hi and thanks for the tip unixpirate...

I really don't know who Chris Clarke is. Is he a local builder?

DarbyOhara

Musician
Hmmmm

Originally posted by Suz'

Well, this guy (or people) must be too busy. I have left messages with my numbers and never got a returned call. Not sure I would consider that very good business practice. Guess I'll move to plan B... thanks....

DarbyOhara

Musician
Why?

Originally posted by amjsnj
A & A Construction, they are excellent!

Where are they located and why are you recommending them? Have you had experience with their work product?

That company doesn't exist in the local phone book...

Last edited:

Suz

Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by DarbyOhara
Well, this guy (or people) must be too busy. I have left messages with my numbers and never got a returned call. Not sure I would consider that very good business practice. Guess I'll move to plan B... thanks....

sorry Chris hasn't returned your calls. Not sure what your name is but I will call and give him a poke for you.... He is usually much more proactive and reliable.

Cletus_Vandam

Get an Architect

This is a shamless plug for my profession, but here goes anyways...

I would suggest getting an Architect to put together plans for you. That way you know what you getting ahead of time. Could be a grand or two well spent.

amjsnj

They are listed as A & A Painting & Restoration 301-994-0229. I have seen there work and it is excellent. I have never heard any complaints.

Suz

Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by DarbyOhara

I talked to Chris last night. He got your 2nd message yesterday and told me he planned on calling you at work today.