seeking hairdresser & mechanic

Bertha Venation

Okay, maybe a weird juxtaposition. But I find myself in need of both, and quickly! I live in Waldorf, but will go just about anywhere in So. MD.

Mechanic: I need a reputable, reliable Toyota mechanic who won't patronize me or try to rip me off. The mechanic I've gone to before is now out of business.

Hairdresser: I need someone who knows how to deal with super-fine, super-straight hair -- I need to be shorn and Kathy's in dire need of a perm. Our regular hair pro, Dawn at Betti's Salon in La Plata, is on vacation. I can't think with all this hair!

Whatever suggestions you can offer are welcome. Thanks so much -- and

Hi, everyone! Been a while . . . .

Hey Bertha, nomoney looks like she gets her hair done by her mechanic, maybe you should PM her and you could kill two birds with one stone like she does...:shrug:

sheri123

For a mechanic, we have used Hughesville Auto on Route 5 for all of our vehicles (including a Toyota). They do a great job and the prices are reasonable.

For a hairdresser we have used Centennial Street Salon in LaPlata. The woman's name is Toni. She usually books up pretty fast.

nomoney

Originally posted by kwillia
Hey Bertha, nomoney looks like she gets her hair done by her mechanic, maybe you should PM her and you could kill two birds with one stone like she does...:shrug:

you're just jealous cuz I know how to use my manifold as a hairdryer/pie oven. :neener:

Jameo

What?!

Yep, nomoney told me that 10W30 motor oil makes a great conditioner, your hair won't frizz at all! :yay:

Seriously, I get my hair done at Hair It Is here in Lexington park, the girls there are excellent and know their stuff!

S

Shutterbug

Originally posted by Jameo
Seriously, I get my hair done at Hair It Is here in Lexington park, the girls there are excellent and know their stuff!

Jameo,
I have been thinking about going there....I need a new hairdresser, too. What are their prices like, and can you recommend anyone in particular? (I will need highlights and a cut).

Thanks!

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
Toyota of Southern MD mechanics are EXCELLENT....I worked for them for 4 years......not sure if your willing to pay dealer prices but those guys don't tell you your vehicle needs something unless is REALLY does, and if there's something that can wait until your next oil change, they will tell you that....(I'm sure you wanna know, the only reason I am not working there anymore is becaused I was offered a better job w/better pay) If they were willing to pay me better, I'd go back there in a heartbeat. There # is (301)-863-7555.....good luck, whatever you chose to do

As for a hairdresser, I go to Mei at Meis haircare in the Wildewood shopping center, she is EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Jameo

What?!
Originally posted by kayellesee
Jameo,
I have been thinking about going there....I need a new hairdresser, too. What are their prices like, and can you recommend anyone in particular? (I will need highlights and a cut).

Thanks!

Jesse does my hair (cut, color & highlights). They are a little pricey, but I have NEVER had ANY problems there! :yay: I been going there for probably like 5 years now.

Pete

Repete
Gattons barber shop on 245 for a haircut, don't know about a perm but if you tell the guys I am sure they will try. While you are there they have cool old issues of Sports Illistrated and Field and Stream. For your car RodRugg can probably hook you up.

Nanny Pam

:lmao: We have a husband / wife team over here that run a bait & tackle shop on one side on the building and her hairdresser supplies on the other side. The place is called ....
"Perms & Worms" no kidding.

W

wmsaunders

Only in Southern Maryland can you get your hair done and your oil changed at the same place.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Dawn was reccomended to me and I went once. She didn't do a very good job. :frown: Tammy at the Gallery in Bryans Road.

For a Toyota go to the foriegn car guy over by the emessions (i know i spelled that wrong) station. I've heard from several car people that he is the best around.

Spoiled

Oddly enough i read somewhere that a hairdresser (woman) and a mechanic (man) are the best in bed....

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Spoiled
Oddly enough i read somewhere that a hairdresser (woman) and a mechanic (man) are the best in bed....
:twitch: and which one were your wondering about?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by nomoney
you're just jealous cuz I know how to use my manifold as a hairdryer/pie oven. :neener:
You're starting to sound like...