Selena

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had never even heard of her before she was murdered, but I am assured she was an enormous celebrity. When we were in Corpus Christi EVERYTHING was Selena this and Selena that.

Anyway, there's a documentary about her on TV.

phreddyp

I had never even heard of her before she was murdered, but I am assured she was an enormous celebrity. When we were in Corpus Christi EVERYTHING was Selena this and Selena that.

Anyway, there's a documentary about her on TV.
She had enormous talent and I believe that her best was yet to come . Find the movie starring J LO it is pretty good . I really really liked her . I would make a point to play her music both in English and Spanish on construction job sites when the Latinos were working there also . They of course loved her it was fun watching them because they were kinda shocked that an old white dude liked her and would play her music.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They of course loved her it was fun watching them because they were kinda shocked that an old white dude liked her and would play her music.
Admit it, you played her music hoping they would share their tamales with you.

phreddyp

Admit it, you played her music hoping they would share their tamales with you.
I'd rather have a chicken, bean and queso papusa any day ! I don't think that they ate lunch on these jobs. The only jobsite that I saw them eat was at Dominions Cove Point LNG facility during the construction. The insulators wives and lady friends worked with them , at lunch time the girls would get the meal ready and laid out , then the men would come in, all would eat rest a little, the men would go back to work the ladies would cleanup then go back to work . These were 12 hour shifts mind you. It was pretty cool how they had it worked out.

Last edited:

Grumpy

I'd rather have a chicken, bean and queso papusa any day ! I don't think that they ate lunch on these jobs. The only jobsite that I saw them eat was at Dominions Cove Point LNG facility during the construction. The insulators wives and lady friends worked with them , at lunch time the girls would get the meal ready and laid out , then the men would come in, all would eat rest a little, the men would go back to work the ladies would cleanup then go back to work . These were 12 hour shifts mind you. It was pretty cool how they had it worked out.
Admittedly, I am talking 35 yrs ago, but I had a chuck wagon(roach coach) biz back in the 80s and I served a ton of latinos, never had an issue with any of them, from what I heard from the general contractors/foremen they were very hard working. Dealing with thieves was a daily thing but I honestly can't remember ever having a problem with any of the latinos.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dealing with thieves was a daily thing but I honestly can't remember ever having a problem with any of the latinos.

Nope

I worked construction with a guy from Acapulco, a guy from Bolivia nad I think the 3rd guy was from El Salvador all hard working ... the Bolivian guy could lay mud so smooth it only needed one sanding

later on I worked with a Persian at an electrical contractor - great guy as well, do not call him Iranian

phreddyp

If you enjoy Salvadorian food there is a place in the pinefield shopping center in Waldorf called El Rinconcito Salvadoreno they have another place in Odenton . Food is GREAT language is a minor problem for me but the menu is pretty straight forward with good pictures . Anyway if you try the place make sure you get a bag of the yellow veggie that comes with the papusa's I don't what it is but I love it.

I haven't been there since March I sure hope that they have survived .