Self Care Facilities Needed

bjsangel

Can anyone sugguest a facility in St. Mary's that offers total self care with a stall/run in and a place to ride? I'm moving 2 horses here in August and need a place to board. What is the going rate in the area? Coming in with certified stable management experience and two settled geldings. Any suggestions?

S

saddlesore

bjsangel said:
Can anyone sugguest a facility in St. Mary's that offers total self care with a stall/run in and a place to ride? I'm moving 2 horses here in August and need a place to board. What is the going rate in the area? Coming in with certified stable management experience and two settled geldings. Any suggestions?

I'm fairly new to the area as well, so I can't really help you. But if you try the local tack shops, they can be a wealth of information. Try CanterLope in Callaway, Loveville Leather in Loveville, and Flat Iron Farm, whose tack shop is small, but you can talk to people there. Also try the free publication called The Equierry, (sp?) which is in all the tack shops. It has info on farms in the area.

If you have certified stable management, maybe you should open your own self-board place!

Anyway, welcome! :howdy: Good luck in your search, and let us know how it goes.

Loper

Animal Poor!
bjsangel said:

:whistle: quess we are being kicked out!

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
bjsangel said:
St Mary's is a big county. You may want to narrow down your desired location, unless of course the distance doesn't matter...I myself prefer to be in close proximity of my horses.

Robin

rentals

There are a couple farms out there for rent/lease and some propertys for sale how long will you be in the area? You might just want to rent/lease a place and get your own operation going. There has been a increase in horses and owners with multiple horses in just the last year in St Marys county. Most folks dont just own 1 horse anymore. www.baldus.com has an easy to get on multi listing and has a few in st marys and calvert for rent. There was a place to Rent in Leonardtown for 2000.-2500. per month I think it had a house on it.60 acres? There is one in bushwood 10-12 acres for 2000. month with a 8-10 stall barn and a ring fences in place. Good luck and welcome to the area if you are just looking for self care there is Glen Mary stables.. st marys
High tail it stables in calvert I believe Infinity farm also st marys has some self care available in callaway/valley lee

devinej

fredsaid2 said:
Isn't Freedom's Rein set up as a self-care now too?

can you tell more about Freedom's rein? or anywhere else. I too will be looking for a self care place soon. and cheap board on myself too. :nomoney: :banghead:

fredsaid2

devinej said:
can you tell more about Freedom's rein? or anywhere else. I too will be looking for a self care place soon. and cheap board on myself too. :nomoney: :banghead:

I only know the location; in Hollywood, from Rt 235 it's Airport View Rd, left on Lawrence Hayden Rd, left on Huckleberry Way, first right off that. They used to run a lesson barn so it has a ring. I thought Loper said she was there. Perhaps she can fill you in. Maybe if a few of you grouped up and could rent one of the locations that have been mentioned? Divide the cost and have your own self-care facility! Maybe that could work. Good luck!