Self-checkout

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Really?

How much training do you need to drag a bar code across a scanner?

This is one of those nonsensical issues that make me go :doh: I love the self-checkout and use it whenever possible. I think those who rail that they're "not an employee" are just jumping on a #metoo bandwagon and haven't really thought about it. I can typically scan and bag my purchases way more efficiently than the cashier at any given store. Plus my items get distributed to bags CORRECTLY so I don't end up with ice cream on top of my rotisserie chicken.

Honestly, is it really that freaking taxing to scan and bag your own damn groceries?

Kyle

You're beginning to damage my calm!
PREMO Member
Plus my items get distributed to bags CORRECTLY so I don't end up with ice cream on top of my rotisserie chicken.
Or canned goods with the bread, a 2-liter in with the eggs...

Bagging is a lost skill everywhere.

mitzi

Or canned goods with the bread, a 2-liter in with the eggs...

Bagging is a lost skill everywhere.
I had a strawberry shortcake placed sideways in the bag. I didn't notice it at the register. On another non-training note, I've had TWO cashiers not understand a roll of quarters. One didn't even know what I talking about. The other thought it was $20 of quarters until I corrected her that she shorted my change by $10.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There is NO Issue with the scanning. but items with little or no weigh that will not trigger the system after you successfully scan them

' Place Item on the ... '

Grumpy

There is NO Issue with the scanning. but items with little or no weigh that will not trigger the system after you successfully scan them

' Place Item on the ... '
Must be Safeway..thats the only place I have had that problem. Damn scanner will go into safemode once you get those errors and an attendant has to reset the scanner so you can continue.