"Self Driving" progress

glhs837

Power with Control
So, this is the latest version. Not perfect, of course, but that Costco parking lot, holy hell. When you hear that GM or Ford systems that operate only on the highway and only mapped ones and with other restrictions, are better, I laugh.

All of this is onboard, real time

Clem72

So, this is the latest version. Not perfect, of course, but that Costco parking lot, holy hell. When you hear that GM or Ford systems that operate only on the highway and only mapped ones and with other restrictions, are better, I laugh.

All of this is onboard, real time

Did you watch what happened when it went to a parking lot that wasn't mapped? So this FSD system still requires some level of mapping or at least very regular road markings.

What I really learned from the video is that I am glad I live too far away from a Costco to want to have a membership.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm waiting for when one of them goes on a Simpsons Hit and Run adventure.

glhs837

Power with Control
Did you watch what happened when it went to a parking lot that wasn't mapped? So this FSD system still requires some level of mapping or at least very regular road markings.

What I really learned from the video is that I am glad I live too far away from a Costco to want to have a membership.

Its not that the parking lot wasnt mapped, this system doesn't rely on maps other than say Google maps for nav. That parking lot is an odd one that's fenced on all sides with one small outlet.

Watch the first four minutes of this. Pretty sure that dirt road isn't mapped. :) And for sure no road markings. When you see that steering wheel icon in the upper left turn blue and gong, the car is driving itself. And this was the last version.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm waiting for when one of them goes on a Simpsons Hit and Run adventure.

Well, its a pretty low probability event, so settle in for a long wait. I imagine you'll see a lot of humans doing that long before you see one of these do it. Unlike the GM Cruise system, that has run over someone in San Francisco.

Dan O'Dowd has to make cars run over things because there are no documented cases of it happening.