Send the Ticket To Elon Musk!

gemma_rae

In the end the responsibility is ultimately going to fall on the registered owner. Frankly, I'm shocked that he didn't get ticketed/arrested for operating the car in a public space and not on a closed course (that's why I think the cop may have been in on it). Imagine something malfunctioning, like the the throttle sticking, and some kids riding bikes get run over. Oi vey! Hasta la vista, Baby!

I would be interested to see how this would play out in a court room.

glhs837

Power with Control
In the end the responsibility is ultimately going to fall on the registered owner. Frankly, I'm shocked that he didn't get ticketed/arrested for operating the car in a public space and not on a closed course (that's why I think the cop may have been in on it). Imagine something malfunctioning, like the the throttle sticking, and some kids riding bikes get run over. Oi vey! Hasta la vista, Baby!

I would be interested to see how this would play out in a court room.

Yep, the ticket would go to the owner/operator. But this bit was staged.

And there's no "throttle" to stick in that sense. The computer would stop that from happening. AS for the kids, this thing has eight cameras and radar and 12 ultrasonic sensors. Little Jimmy will only get run over if a human overrides the safeties. If the sensors are not working, the car wont allow Summon to function.

Rommey

And there's no "throttle" to stick in that sense. The computer would stop that from happening. AS for the kids, this thing has eight cameras and radar and 12 ultrasonic sensors. Little Jimmy will only get run over if a human overrides the safeties. If the sensors are not working, the car wont allow Summon to function.
Of course the computer could be the next HAL-9000, then all bets are off. :jameo:

glhs837

Power with Control